*BONUS Episode Cont.* Fanning the Flame (Part 4)

Start from the beginning

We were backstage with the crew members. "On the air in 5...4..." one of the crew members began to countdown.

"Later, dipsticks." Ember leaned over to me and Danny. "I gotta go rock my world, and when I say my world? I mean, my world!" Her hair of flames burned brighter than it did earlier. 

I looked at Danny with concern as she walked away. "Danny..." I said. "Stop her! Now!"

"I won't leave you, (Y/n)!" Danny argued, and I could faintly hear the band beginning to perform the hit song. 

"Forget about me!" I argued back, and Danny glared back at me.

"I can't! I won't!" He snapped.

"Hello, Amity Park!" I heard Ember say on the monitor. "Tell me who you love!?"

"Ember McLain, Ember McLain, Ember McLain!"

"Yeah, oh!" She sang her heart out to the world as the videocamera's red dot appeared. They were recording live. 

I was getting agitated. Danny wasn't doing anything. Sam and Tucker were spouting out mathematical questions to each other. I was the only one trying to save the world. 

"I hate to do this to me and you, Danny..." I sighed. "But if I can't break Ember's spell, I'm gonna have to break your heart."

I turned around in Dash's arms. I prepared for the worst.

"What are you looking at, loser?" Dash asked me. 

I pressed my lips against his, and tilted my head to kiss better. I wanted to hurl. "(Y/n)..." Danny said, softly. "How could you? How- Hey! Get away from her!" 

"Eugh!" Dash pushed me away. "She tastes like geek!"

"Eww..." I groaned, spitting at the ground. "He tastes like failure!"

But it was all I had to do to get Danny back.

Dash and Kwan ran away screaming, and Danny frowned. I turned to him and saw the disappointment in his face. "Danny, I'm so sorry...I..." I stammered, and he looked away from me.

"You and Dash..." He said. "But we were-" He was happy for a moment, and then he realized what had happened. "But we weren't...were we?"

"No..." I looked away for a moment, and frowned. "Ember did that. It's just...This is so hard, because part of me...part of me really liked this and our promise together..."

Danny's face fell, and he knew what I was about to talk about. Suddenly, Danny growled and his eyes glowed bright green as we watched Ember stuck her tongue out at the crowd. She continued to play her guitar. "Ember..." He growled. 

"Danny?" I held my hand in his and he squeezed it. "Are you okay?" 

"No." He said, truthfully which hurt me. His eyes turned back to normal as he looked at me. "I feel like my heart's been ripped out, but I know who I can take it out on!"

He dropped my hand, and started to transform into his ghost form. Danny flew away from me, and I smiled to myself. I was happy that he was back to normal, but I couldn't help but still hurt on the inside. 

"Oh, Ember...You will remember! Ember, one thing remains! Oh, Ember...Go on and tell her! You will remember my name!"

Everyone cheered and the crowd grew louder. 

~~~

*Danny's POV*

She broke my heart, and I wanted to tell her how much I really did like her.