𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

Matt sat next to Nicole as she spoke about something that he really didn't care about. Everybody was upstairs as he stayed behind with Nicole.
"Anyways... I have to get home," Nicole said as Matt nodded and stood up to say goodbye.

She quickly hugged him. He sighed as he rubbed her back.
He felt bad for using her, but he needed to let Reyna go. 

"See you tomorrow," She said as he nodded and she left. He walked up the stairs to see the all sitting either on the stools or on the counters.
He looked around and realized that Lilah was still there.

"Hey! did Nicole leave?" Nick asked looking behind Matt. He nodded as Nick sighed.
"What the fuck was she doing here?" Alahna asked turning to Matt, they all stared at her as she shrugged.

"We were all thinking it," She admitted causing Reyna to smile. She loved that Alahna had no filter.

"No, but for real what was she doing here?" Chris asked as he scooted closer to Reyna.

Matt shrugged as Reyna said
"She was a bitch to all of us, you included Matt," 

Matt rolled his eyes and sighed. 
"
Didn't you tell me to move on?" 

Everybody remained silent.
Nobody was expecting that little burst. 
Lilah's jaw clenched.

"I did tell you to move on, Matt. I didn't mean... Nicole," Reyna said as she shifted awkwardly. 
"Anyways... I was thinking that we should film a car video with Diego and Reyna," Chris said turning to Nick. 

Nick nodded thinking it was a good idea, as Reyna nodded her head no.
"Why not?" 

"I don't think... we are ready for that," Reyna said to Matt as he scoffed.
"I'm not in the mood to fight Matthew. I'm just being honest,"

Lilah grabbed her hand for support and squeezed it.
Matt looked away.

"I agree," Nick said as Reyna nodded.
"You guys should do it with Diego... your boyfriend," Reyna teased as she poked his sides. Chris folded with arms across his chest.

He was pissed.

Chris was pissed.

It took a lot for Chris to be this pissed.

He was pissed that his two best friends were mad at each other.

He was pissed that he would eventually have to choose sides.

He is pissed that this will eventually lead to the friend group's destruction. The friend group they have had ever since they were little. He loved Reyna, Diego, Alahna, and Elmer like siblings he couldn't fathom a future without them. 

Everybody kept talking and goofing off as Matt stayed silent, and so did Chris. Reyna rubbed his back and asked quietly if he was okay, so nobody would notice. Chris quickly nodded his head yes and tried to seem better it was obvious he wasn't, so Reyna kept rubbing his back, having a feeling that she was the reason why he was sad.

Matt watched it all go down. His head started pounding from all the thoughts that crossed his mind. Also from wanting to cry.

He felt jealous. 

Not because he thought that Chris liked Rey, but because he knew that their relationship would never be the same. He missed his best friend and it hurt a little too much that he would never truly have her back.

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

lol I changed the cover 
I love matt in that picture lolz

how are yall liking the story?
I have been trying to put a chapter out every day before school starts and I haven't been doing such a bad job with it 

anyways 
hope yall are liking this story cus I love it ngl

but this chapter made me sad :/