Dirty Money

You strut into the brightly lit ballroom. Your men behind you as you work your way to the bar. You notice heads turning and hushed whispers throughout the space as you pass. You hold your head high refusing to look anyone of these money leeches in the eye. Most of them are only here to boast their wealth or to propose business ventures amongst colleagues that only benefit themselves.

"Martini, boss?" Adrien asks as he waves for the bartender. You place yourself on a stool and nod. If you had to deal with these greedy pigs all night, alcohol is a must.

The bartender makes his way over to you and puts on a show as he makes yours and Adrien's drink. You scoff, unimpressed. Not only are you not interested, but flipping bottles doesn't seem like a very practical skill set unless you're a circus clown.

The bartender gives you the martini and slides Adrien his vodka soda with a wink. Your eyebrows raise and look at Adrien. Adrien attempts to hide his blush at the bartender's flirting.

"I'll make a note to not expect you at the manor tonight," you tease him as you take a sip.

Adrien laughs and shakes his head. "I don't go home with the help."

"Well that might change because the help has blue eyes and defined shoulder muscles. Last time I recalled, exactly your type."

"Yeah well my type also includes thieves. Remember the last two guys I brought home? They both stole two pounds of coke," Adrien sighs and drinks. "Besides, are you sure you're not just wanting me distracted as you look a for a certain someone?"

You roll your eyes. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Adrien crosses his arms and smirks. "Oh really? There's no one in particular? Not even a certain redhead?"

You shake your head, playing it cool. "Been there, done that. When have I ever slept with the same girl twice?"

Adrien shrugs and looks behind you. He stands up and whispers, "My guy is here. I'll be back."
He downs the rest of his drink and leaves you to no doubt get high in one of the bathrooms.

You order another martini after not feeling the buzz from the first one. A figure takes a seat next to you that's not Adrien. There's only one other person that would dare sit next to you unless summoned.

"Didn't think I'd see you here," Wanda says.

You take a minute to drink her in. Her long hair draped in soft curls cascading down her bareback. You let out a small sigh as her long black dress covers her smooth pale legs. You're breath hitches as you notice the slit and see her milky thigh peek out.

"Why? Because I should be burning down an orphanage?" You reply a little more bitter than expected.

"Because you can't stand most of the guests," Wanda answers politely.

"Well, you're not wrong."

Wanda chuckles and orders a white wine. The bartender pours the liquor and slides the glass towards her. He flashes her a toothy grin and a wink. The image of breaking every single one of his bottle flipping fingers flashes through your mind. Wanda smiles back and takes a sip. You give the man a death glare and smirk as he gulps and walks away.

"So..." you start casually. "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be practicing costume changes with the other avengers?"

Wanda brush a strand of hair behind her ear. Just that menial action makes you want her more. "Tony thought it would be a good idea for me to come here. After Lagos, he thinks I could use the good publicity."

You scoff, "Wow and I thought you were here to actually support the charity."

Wanda fiddles with her glass. "I think me being here is more for Tony's image than mine. I don't even have any money to donate."