chapter 24

No.....no it couldn't be she was surely hearing things right? But then again this was Camden not Greenwich...she tried to assure herself a million times and perhaps it was because she was in London. She was certainly hallucinating....she concluded and slowly turned around.

Turning around, she took in a large breathe her fears had come true....it wasn't an illusion because, Richard stood there looking at her with a smiling face her hands involuntarily dug into her skin perhaps to keep herself in check because she was already shaking....she could feel that if she didn't control it her anxiety attack may start here and right now.

 He held out his hand and said " I'm sorry I'm a little late. I'm Richard...Richard Wilson and you are?".

Looking at the hand he held out, she slowly released her hand which was resting on her elbow, and placed her hand in his...and looking up at him she saw something flash in his eyes but she was in no state to bother reading what it was so she said "I'm Mia...Mia Stewart".

She immediately pulled her hand away from his and walked up to the chair which was in his office because she needed to sit down her feet felt numb and she feared that of she stood any longer, she would fall but of course before she got to the chair, she almost fell and before she could register anything else an arm came around her waist followed by Richard's voice who said " Please be careful". And because he spoke so close to her ears, she felt his breathe on her skin and she immediately tensed up again.

She couldn't even look at him...she suddenly felt constricted...she needed to leave this place...he let go of her and she slowly sat down on the chair.

"You don't look too good....can I get you anything? He asked ".

"Water". Was all she was able to say and he immediately called to ask for water. While he was doing that, she immediately tried to get herself together...no... she couldn't break down...at least not here.

Thankfully, the water came almost immediately and while she drank the water, he watched her still standing by her side. She slowly put the cup down on the table and said " I'm fine now please you can sit so we discuss the partnership agreement".

Richard sat down just opposite her adjusting his tie. He saw her reach into her handbag and brought out a big brown envelope and handing it to him she said " This is the hard copy... Mr. wellington has already signed them I sent the soft copy to your email address".

Taking the envelope from her, he slowly shook his head, smiled and said "I'm sorry I had to attend a last minute meeting yesterday so I couldn't check my email".

"It's alright.... those are the papers please sign them I heard that you and Mr. Rodgers have discussed the most of the partnership agreement already".

With a bit of hesitation on his face he asked " Is it alright if I go through it again?. I ".

"It's alright I will come pick them up tomorrow.. I'm late for an appointment". And before he could say anything else she quickly took her bag, dropped the unfinished glass of water on the table and left.

Richard was still in the office when Nelson walked in looking up and seeing him, in surprise he asked " what are you doing here? I thought you took the day off? And how is Avery?".

"Whoa so many questions man.. Avery is doing all right and I came to give you the good news".

Richard closed his laptop and with a face filled with curiosity he asked " what is the good news?".

"Well....the doctor said that the reason Avery has been feeling dizzy was because she is pregnant...three weeks gone actually".

Richard stood up hugging his friend and said " Wow I'm so happy for you man ".

"Which is why...I  came to buy you lunch come on let's go out... I'm pretty sure you haven had any breakfast yet...".

"But Nelson it's not even up to lunch time yet and...".

Nelson didn't let him finish perhaps it was because he was over the moon he shook his head and said "Whatever let's just go out okay let's go celebrate...hold on are you hiring new workers? I've been gone for just a few days and you have already started hiring new people?".

"What do you mean I haven't hired anyone...what are you talking about". Richard asked with a puzzled look on his face.

" I bumped Into a woman on my way in she was  dressed in cooperate and she had long black hair".

" Ooh that's miss Stewart you just missed her actually...she came to drop the partnership papers but I wanted to go over them again so we decided she would come pick them up tomorrow".

Richard who had looked at his friend said " What's that look for?".

"She's really beautiful you know and since you guys will be working together for some time why don't you ask her out...I'm really tired of seeing you alone like this man".

"You know I have no time for that Nelson I'm just.......not ready yet".

Nelson had left it at that and since Richard still had a lot to do they both decided to go out for dinner instead which they did.

Richard was on his way home after parting ways with Nelson. He got home and took a shower and decided to work a little in his study but he was coming down with a headache and couldn't concentrate..... since he thought perhaps it was the stress of the weekend, he decided to retire early.

As soon as he laid down on his bed his thoughts went to the woman he met earlier today. Of course he had met so many women while he was still trying to grow his business...some were even the daughter's of people he worked with in the past, and those who invested in his growing business as well.

Some came with the motive to date or even enter into a relationship with him...but the highest he offered to them was dinner and he was also clear in telling them that he had no interest in dating. He had met a lot of beautiful women as well but none had  been able to get a reaction from him, like Lillian did... perhaps that was why even back, then it wasn't difficult to fall in love with her.

He always thought about her before he went to bed she filled his thoughts, and dreams as well but today...today he thought about someone else for the first time but then again she looked nothing like his Lillian....her hair was longer much much longer than Lillian wore her hair, and her eyes they were nothing like Lillian's as well.... her eyes were brown. And as for her appearance, to him Lillian was always the most beautiful woman he had ever seen....but she looked really pretty as well.

What on earth was wrong with him.....and who was this woman that suddenly made him feel the way he felt when he was with Lillian he also wondered why she reacted the way she did earlier...he fell asleep with all these thoughts in his mind.

A/N
Hi guys....I'm back thanks to all those who are still reading...but please I want to sincerely plead that as you read vote as well

Your votes helps us writers to know that our work is being appreciated

As for those who probably don't know how to vote in each chapter there is a star at the bottom just click on it and that's all

Thanks love you all
#AMH😍