chapter 22

She tried to splash water on her face....and opening her purse, she took out a case and took out her contacts and after putting it on, she looked at her self in the mirror and she noted that she looked completely different her violet coloured eyes were no longer visible.....those eyes were the only thing she had left of who she once was.

Every thing was different now her face, and her once short hair was now so long it went past her mid-back and it was getting to her waist. she quickly ran a brush through it and put it in a quick high pony tail.

she quickly looked at herself once again gave herself a quick nod and began walking out of the ladies room. She had a presentation that morning and this wasn't her first one but for some reason she was feeling particularly tensed up and she couldn't even place a finger on why.

By the time she got to the conference room everyone was there already so she quickly rushed in profusely apologizing for taking too much of their time. Thankfully, the projector had already been set up and her friend Emily had helped her connect her laptop to it as well so without further Ado, she quickly started her presentation.

She was done with the presentation and went into her office. She was so tired because she had to stay up all night to make sure everything was perfect and before she could fully settle, her friend walked in.

" Hey Mia.... beautiful presentation there honey perfect as always..... why do you look so tired?". Mia opened her laptop and replied while putting in her password " Had to stay up all night but don't worry about me this isn't the first time I've had to do it I will be fine once I get some rest this night".

"By the way Mr. Rodgers wants to speak with you he asked me to call you".

Mia got up and said "Why do you think he called me I hope there was no problem with the presentation earlier?". Emily just shrugged and said " Why don't you go find out and your presentation was excellent I doubt that's why he is calling you...see you at lunch". She smiled and left.

Mia stepped into Mr. Rodgers office and said " Good morning sir you asked for me ". Simon who was going through some files raised his head to acknowledge Mia who had just stepped into his office.

"Mia you are here...have a seat I want to discuss something very important with you".
Mia sat down, with so many thoughts running through her head she wondered what could be the issue. She hoped it wasn't about the CEO Mr. wellington who was currently quite sick. She had become very close to him over these seven years. She couldn't go and see him since she heard that he was in the hospital because, he wasn't in the country.... but she had made sure to call him as frequently as she could.

"I hope everything is alright with Mr. wellington sir". She asked with curiosity written all over her face.

" Of course he will be discharged soon  but I have called you here because, you have been transferred to manage our new branch which will be constructed in London your accommodation will be arranged for as well you do not need to be stressed about that....I also heard you once lived In London so it won't be hard to find your way around London I'm sure".

Mia was speechless for a little while before she said " But sir this is all so sudden and...."

Before she could finish her statement Mr. Rodgers interrupted her " I know Mia but you are one of the most capable hands we have In this organization which is why both I and Mr. wellington, thought it wise to send you there....I know the adjustment won't be easy but please I hope you can understand". Mia was still speechless while he continued.

"We have already decided to partner with SKY STRUCTURE since they will be handling the reconstruction of the building and of course you will be taking the partnership documents with you and once it is signed, the construction will begin".

"When am I leaving sir". Mia asked

" In two weeks time ".Mr. Rodgers replied with a tight lipped smile. 

Mia walked back to her office in a daze. It was already lunch time and since she didn't eat anything for breakfast, she was supposed to be hungry but it seemed like the news she just heard, made her so full that she was no longer hungry. Emily had even come to invite her for lunch but she told her she wasn't in the mood and that she would eat much later.

By the time it was 8pm, Mia decided to head home besides she was already tired given that she didn't sleep properly the previous night.. she had been getting this feeling of anxiety for some time now and this news had only helped to heighten it. She didn't want to think about London and she hadn't for so many years now....but the fact that she was going back there in two weeks time, was enough to bring back so many bitter memories she had tucked far away in her mind.

But then again she thought it's been so long and so much had changed including her appearance so why then was she still so anxious. She drove to her apartment and immediately she got in, she laid down on her sofa and welcomed the fatigue she had felt all day but before she could even rest properly her phone rang and picking up, her mother's voice could be heard through the phone. She smiled pulling her hair out of the high pony tail she wore it all day.

"Hi mom how was your day. I hope you have eaten and taken your meds".

" I'm fine Lillian....so many questions and besides I should be asking how you are doing how did the presentation go... Did your boss like it? And have you eaten".

"Slow down mom...now who is bombarding who with questions I'm fine and the presentation went very well". Standing up and walking up to her room, she said "Mom I'm going to London in two weeks time and mom I'm Mia now remember....that name reminds me of a lot mom please".

"I'm sorry dear I still forget but why do you need to go to London I hope everything is alright".

By now she had gotten to her room already and dropping her bag on the bed as well as her car keys on her dressing table she said " I've been transferred mom and we have also recently entered into a partnership with one of the companies there... I will be heading the new branch".

" Wow dear I'm so proud of you but if you can't go back there you should just tell them... your health is much more important than any form of promotion. If you feel safer over there in Australia then you should stay there".

"No mom I will be fine and besides so many years has gone by already... I will be fine mom so don't worry too much okay take care mom I need to take a shower its been a long day".

They both said their goodnights and Mia, after taking out her contacts and showering she went to bed since she still didn't feel like eating anything.

A/

Thanks to all those who are reading but please keep voting as well your votes and comment helps to encourage us writers a lot. Have a lovely week guys

#immamiten😍
#AMH😚