chapter 21

Richard was feeling more awake now......he was surprised that he slept and didn't even realize how tired he was. Nelson had suggested he take a taxi home but he declined and eventually was able to convince Nelson that he was fine going home on his own.

The drive home was quite agonizing since there was traffic. He was still in traffic when he decided to turn on the radio and listening to the presenter speaking he realized it was a Listener's choice show, where you call their number and tell them whatever song you want to listen to and they would play it.... each listener, was given a chance to make two choices.

The first call came in  and the caller, picked a song and immediately the song came on, Richard listened with rapt attention because it was Lillian's favourite song. He hadn't listened to it in seven years....perhaps it was because he couldn't bear to listen to it as it reminded him of so much...while still sitting there, he remembered what happened on the very day of the plane crash...

He heard them talk about a plane crash...he heard Australia...what did they mean... but according to Anita, Lillian was on that plane...he tried to go into the airport he saw so much commotion he wasn't allowed through...he was panicking he possibly couldn't have lost Lillian....not now and everything was a blur from there he couldn't remember how he got home that day but he couldn't sit still he felt like everything was over and perhaps indeed everything was....then he suddenly remembered the reason why everything fell apart in the first place 'AARON'.

Aaron was at home that morning when he heard the consistent ringing of his doorbell. It was around 4am at that time so he wondered who on earth could be ringing the bell so early.
Upon opening the door he couldn't even register properly who was at the door when he received a punch that threw him to the ground, and also woke him up properly and he was able to see that the person he had opened the door for was Richard. He wasn't able to speak two words when he received another punch and by now, he was already bleeding from his nose. He was about to speak when Richard held the neck of his shirt since he wasn't wearing a shirt with a collar and said " I feel like killing you right now Aaron.... you are the reason why my Lillian has left me..... you are the reason why she can't even stand me anymore. If it was the company you wanted why didn't you tell me I would have left everything for you so far you left us alone haven't I given you love and care as your brother? How could you betray both I and Lillian in this way".

Aaron forcefully pulled himself off Richard's grip and began to laugh cleaning his bloody nose and said " You finally found out I thought you never would and don't you dare blame me because you couldn't trust your wife's words over a video I edited and as for the company which grandfather gave you, I don't need it anymore you are already in so much pain and that is enough for me ....you took her from me I met her first...and I loved her first...but you came and took her from me I...".

He didn't finish his statement when Richard said " How can you say you loved her first it doesn't work like that Aaron and you and I know very well that you were just friends...you can't tell you heart who to lo...".

" I don't care she's gone now isn't she...if she can't be mine then I won't let her be yours either".

"you disgust me..... I can't believe how harmless I thought you were do you realize  you stabbed both I and Lillian in the back, I hate you and I hope one day you realize what you have done! I will  never...ever....forgive you Aaron".

After saying this, Richard walked away from Aaron. Aaron stood there watching him leave and for the first time he saw what their separation had really done to Richard. Richard always looked put together but today he was looking much worse than usual he looked like he hadn't slept for days and he strangely also looked like he had been crying .

 He sighed cleaning his bloody nose and decided to put on the TV  sine he was in a little bit of pain to go to bed. He was scrolling through the channels when the news of a crash caught his attention and then he froze.....because he knew Lillian was on that flight..... he had been secretly watching and following her for some days so he knew the night she left and even at the airport, he could still see her hesitation he wanted to approach her once again but somehow refrained from doing it....he could see she was exhausted, tired and hurt so he let her be for a while and planned to go see her in a couple of months, knowing her anger would have blown over but he was wrong.

He sat there for a while feeling dazed and finally went to the bathroom to wash off his bloody wounds while he washed his face, he coughed into his hand and saw blood....he was no longer fazed by it since that wasn't the first time it happened. He quietly reached for his pills took them and laid on his bed and just kept staring at nothing in particular and suddenly realized that he too was crying just like Richard earlier was.

The plane crashed ....days passed families were still looking for their loved ones everybody blamed him.... Lillian's mother especially gave him a visit and cried telling him how she regretted getting her daughter married to him. Anita rained all kinds of abuse on him but most of all he cursed himself....he hated himself so much and since that day he blamed himself for Lillian's death.

The horn of the car behind him was what brought him out of his reverie this was why, he couldn't listen to this song and even till today he hasn't spoken to Lillian's mother or Anita and none of them bothered to contact him...after the incident all those years ago, he resigned from his grandfather's company which he was heading...his grandfather had begged him not to leave, but he refused he was angry because, that company was one of the reasons why Lillian was taken away from him.

His grandfather passed away four years back and although he had been upset with him, when he decided to set up SKY STRUCTURE, his grandfather supported him and he decided to leave everything to Aaron, who eventually ran the business to the ground...he was glad that his grandfather wasn't alive to see what had become of his hard work and sweat. His father too died all those years ago too... not too long after the birth of Aaron, of a heart problem he knew that after his mother's death a part of his father died as well so he was basically alone in the world now and all he had  was SKY STRUCTURE. Which is why he poured all his time Into it and that is why it was currently taking the lead among the new company set ups in London.

AUSTRALIA

Mia had grown over the years in the architectural world. She had handled so many projects already which is why she was currently the head of her team. It took a lot of hard work of course and dedication to get to this point...the first few years of her arrival in Australia, was quite bitter there were so many things she tried to forget.

She had yet again another presentation this morning. Her boss the COO Mr. Rodgers was present, and she had heard that he was finalizing a partnership with a famous company all the way in London which was the reason why the presentation was delayed. She was currently in the ladies room trying to encourage and probably boost her morale a little since the presentation was in 20minutes. She looked at herself in the mirror and noted... everything was different now...from her face, to her hair which had grown much longer than it was before but only one thing hadn't changed and that was her eyes....

The......END!!!!

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi guys its good to be back...although I'm not completely done with school work, I now have a little more time on my hands...yayyy!!!! so stay tuned for more because the end, sometimes means the BEGINNING!!