Return

February 13th started of as a normal day, there was nothing that stood out all morning. I got ready for school and went about my life as I always did. My brother had music blasting in the other room at full volume and my dad was shouting at him the entire morning telling him to turn it down, which he didn't. I live with my dad and brother, it's not the most conventional family but it works at times.

Marina and Evie met me at the bus stop where we usually meet, Evie was late as always. I don't think she is capable of showing up on time anywhere. Marina updates me on her latest boyfriend of the week whilst we waited. He apparently had been cheating on her with his ex, which wasn't surprising in the slightest considering he's the biggest man whore I've ever met but i don't tell Marina that to save her feelings.

"He's such a dick, I hate him." She sighs whilst going on a tangent. "If he knew that he wasn't over her then why the fuck would he get with me? I'm not just some rebound he can use." She says to me, almost like it's me that was using her. I attempt to comfort her, "It's his own loss, Kylie doesn't do relationships anyway so they will break up soon." Which is true, Kylie is well known for being very open about her sex life and avoiding serious relationships like the plague.

I don't understand people like Matthew, the ones that get into relationships yet cheat. There are so many people like Kylie who don't get in relationships yet still have the perks and get to hook up with anyone she wants. It's a smart move really, some people just aren't designer for relationships and i think im one of them.

Matthew and marinas whole relationship started of meaningless hook ups, but then he fell for her and she fell even harder. It wasn't love though, i don't think Marina has ever genuinely been in love.

Finally Evie arrived, saving me from the torment of having to listen to Marina whine. It's a regular i furnace at this point and gets boring after a while, it's not like she listens to anything that anyone tells her. The bus ride to the school was uneventful and boring as per usual, i listen to Evie and Marina ramble about their relationship problems and chime in every now and again when they ask me a question or want advice.

"Okay I've gotta go now, I'll meet you both at lunch?" Evie asks whilst slowly waking in the opposite direction towards her class. Me and Marina have lost classes together, Evie only has three with us.

Marina walks with me to our class and avoids Matthew when he makes an attempt to talk to her, she rolls her eyes and walks straight past him like he doesn't exist to her. How does Marina always have new people?

It's like she has a never ending line of people waiting for her to get out of a relationship. Not that I blame them, she's stunning and is a good friend.

I haven't exactly had the best luck when it comes to relationships, they all fail miserably which has put me off them all together. I think I'm either going to be a whore forever or die alone, i haven't decided which one yet.

The teacher pulls me out of my depressing train of thought. "Did anyone do their homework?" She asks, already knowing the answer. A few people raised their hands, the few that usually do. I don't understand why she continues to even set homework, nobody ever does it. Even weirder I don't understand why those few kids do, she doesn't punish anyone for not doing it.

I concluded that they love the academic validation.

After a few minutes the lesson starts and everyone starts copying down what she wrote on the board, learning about the vikings is definitely one of my least favourite parts of the week. Marina doodles random stuff on her page instead of doing her work, a few people have their heads down and some are actually doing the work. This class is a mixture of different people all thrown together, i feel bad for the kids who actually try.