II

Writer's POV

Emma kept staring... it wasn't possible for a teacher to be this hot. The man shouldn't of gotten a career in teaching, he should of gotten one in modeling. His blue eyes contrasted perfectly with his dark hair, his lips pink and they looked soft.

He caught her gaze and this made her tare her eyes away and force them down to her notebook. She unconsciously wrote down her name on the paper along with the date. Emma Swan, June 27, 2015. She dug her teeth down on her bottom lip and looked back at Mr. Jones. Her new History teacher.

"Today is the first day of school, and I'm sure many of you though there was no work involved." He stated, "well you were wrong. We're going to be learning about the early 1800's."

This earned a groan from the rest of the students. But Emma was just focused on his pronounced accent that sounded something like an Irish one.

"But before we get into any of that. I'm going to call out a name from this list," He held up a list of the names of the students in the room, "and whoever I call out has to tell me a little bit about themselves, including their age."

Emma inhaled deeply. Just the thought of talking directly at him made her stomach clench. She couldn't do it. She would stutter and babble a bunch of crap.

"Megan Rodriguez." His first victim was called.

A tall tan-skinned girl looked up from the back of the class. She has brown eyes and black hair. "Hi, um. Im Megan, I'm 16 and I've never really been to high school. Most of my life I've been home schooled."

Mr. Jones nodded and proceeded. "Joshua Mink."

A sloppy white boy from the back of the class started to introduce himself. Emma was internally studying what she would say, she knew it wouldn't help her nerves one bit, but at least it'd be a little easier.

"Emma Swan."

She looked up surprised that it was her turn already. She swallowed and straightened herself to look more confident. "My name is uh, Emma Swan." She licked her dry lips and twirled her blue ink pen between her fingers. "I'm seventeen." She stayed quiet for a while, not knowing what else to say. "And I'm adopted." She blurted out.

This caused some of the kids in the class to chuckle to themselves. She should of never said that, she hated when people know she's adopted.

"Wow, is that why you look like such a loner?" A blonde girl next to her asked with a smile.

Emma looked at her without any words.

"Settle down. I'm sure she's not the only one." Mr. Jones said looking at her.

She looked back at him for a brief second before slouching back in her seat. Kids were always bullying her because her parents had left her at birth. They called her a million things that just made her feel weak and vulnerable. She felt like trash and kept wondering why her parents ever left her, was she not good enough?

"Are you alright?"

Emma looked up to see Mr. Jones hovering over her desk. Looking at her straight in the eye, she leaned back and nodded slowly.

"I'm fine."

"Well, just know that if you ever feel like talking, I'll be here." He smiled at her.

"I don't need your pity." She spat. "Can I excuse myself?"

His smile faded at her sudden rudeness. "Yes. You can." He turned and walked back to his desk.

Emma took a breath before standing up, tugging her skirt down more and strolling out of the class.

She practically ran into the girls bathroom. Leaning her hands on the sink counter and staring at herself in the mirror.

Orphan.

Orphan.

Orphan.

The words echoed in her head. She loved her parents to death. Put the would never get rid of the hurt her biological parents caused her. The didn't even have the decency to drop her off at an orphanage, they left her on the side of an isolated road.

She turned the knob and water started running, she wet her hands and wiped the rundown mascara from under her eyes.

"Get it together girl." She said to herself as she turned off the water.

A/N
Hope you liked it. 💕