Chapter 6

It was just over two weeks later when Hyunjin and Minho were woken in the early hours of the morning by Minho's phone ringing. Hyunjin turned the lamp on his night stand on as Minho fumbled to find his phone. Minho's voice was groggy as he answered the call and Hyunjin rubbed at his eyes sleepily as he listened to Minho's end of the conversation. He looked at the clock as he did: 4:19 a.m. He heard Minho say his goodbyes as he returned his attention to him.

"That was Binnie. He asked us if we'd watch Summer while he and Felix are at the omega clinic," Minho began to explain. "Felix has been in labour for a few hours and they're at the stage where they need to get him to Minnie's workplace."

"Are we going to them or are they bringing Summer here?" Hyunjin asked as he began to pull the pyjamas he had worn earlier back on. They had still been in an untidy heap from where they had landed when Minho had stripped them off him earlier.

"Binnie is bringing her over," Minho explained as he copied Hyunjin's actions. "Do you want to go meet Summer at the door or change the sheets?"

"I'll go meet Summer. You'll be faster than me at changing the sheets." Hyunjin said as he finished pulling his pyjamas on before he quickly combed his hair, hoping to look somewhat presentable. He then hurried out of the bedroom and began making his way downstairs.

Minho hurriedly changed their sheets, hastily shoving the ones he'd taken off into the laundry hamper in their en-suite. He then sprayed some air freshener in their room, hoping to cover up their earlier activities. He was about to head downstairs to see how Hyunjin was getting on, when he walked through the door with a sleeping Summer in his arms. Minho went over and took the bag that was hanging on Hyunjin's arm that obviously contained things Summer would need for the day ahead. Minho then watched as Hyunjin headed to their bed and placed Summer in the middle before getting under the covers himself. He couldn't help smiling as he watched the sleeping child instinctively snuggle closer to Hyunjin. Hyunjin wrapped his arms around her and had a content smile on his face as he closed his eyes. As Minho joined them after turning off the lights he couldn't help the happy thrill that went through him that before the end of the year, they would have a child of their own to cuddle.

Minho awoke a few hours later to an empty bed. He sat up and looked around in confusion as he stretched to get his spine back into alignment. He then climbed out of bed, grabbed his phone and headed out of the bedroom to search for Hyunjin and Summer. He heard sounds coming from downstairs and headed down to the ground floor. He followed his ears to the living room. He stopped in his tracks as he walked into the room, his socked feet making his approach almost silent. He had to stifle a giggle at the sight that greeted him.

Hyunjin and Summer were dancing along to a children's television program that was on. He bit his lip as he opened the camera on his phone and began to film them. He felt his heart fill with warmth as he watched Summer try to copy Hyunjin's dance moves. He hadn't seen him dance with such a carefree air about him in a long time. Seeing the happy smile on his mates face and hearing the happy giggles of both him and Summer made him smile wider as the warmth spread within him. He noticed that every now and then, Hyunjin would rest his hand on his lower abdomen and his eyes widened as he swore he saw a slight swell there. To anyone but Minho, it wouldn't be noticeable, but he knew Hyunjin's body like the back of his hand. The ever so slight curve made him feel even warmer inside and he couldn't wait until Hyunjin was showing more prominently.

"Unca Meemo!" Summer exclaimed as she saw him watching. Hyunjin looked over when he heard her and Minho couldn't help but let out a giggle at his mate. He stopped recording as Hyunjin gave him a smile.

"You two have the best dance moves I've ever seen," he told them as he walked over to them. He picked Summer up and twirled her around before settling her against his hip. She happily snuggled against him as he gave Hyunjin a peck on the lips. "Have you had breakfast yet?"