Chapter 5

A week later, Hyunjin and Minho were in Seungmin's office. Hyunjin was gowned up and lying on the examination bed and Minho was sat beside him, holding his hand. Both were eager to see their baby for the first time. Seungmin had confirmed what the pharmacy bought pregnancy test had told them and he had been almost as happy as they had at the news. Hyunjin didn't even care about the discomfort in his full bladder as he eagerly watched the screen. Minho's eyes were glued to the screen too and he gasped as he saw what must be their baby. His excitement overpowered the usual fear he felt when he was lying on a medical bed.

"There is your baby," Seungmin confirmed with a smile as he studied the screen to make sure everything was how it should be. He then explained where everything was positioned, pointing it all out on the screen as he did. "And everything looks just exactly how it should for this stage. You're around 8 weeks along Jinnie."

"It does?!" Hyunjin asked, excitement clear to hear in his voice. His eyes remained glued to the screen and his scent was one of happiness. "Look what we made Min."

"I'm looking honey," Minho replied as he gave Hyunjin's hand a gentle squeeze. He too couldn't move his eyes from the screen. "Our little kidney bean."

"Your baby is actually the size of a kidney bean right now," Seungmin informed them as he pressed a few buttons on the scanner. He then looked at the happy couple. "Jinnie you can go pee now if you want to."

"I really need to but I don't want to stop looking at our baby." Hyunjin replied still gazing at the screen.

"You can still see this after. I'll give you printed scan pictures, a DVD and a digital version," Seungmin assured him as he gently wiped the gel from Hyunjin's abdomen. "You really should go to the bathroom before there's an accident."

A short time later, Minho and Hyunjin were in Minho's car heading to the café. Hyunjin couldn't stop looking at one of the printed scan pictures, a fond smile gracing his face as he did. The car was filled with their combined happy scents and it was better than any car air freshener Minho had used. He couldn't keep the smile off his face as he drove, making sure to drive extra carefully with their precious cargo on board.

"Hey Min," Hyunjin began. "Can you make me something that's not on the menu when we get to the café? I'm so hungry all of a sudden."

"You know I will honey," Minho assured him. He chuckled as he added. "But the last time you asked me that, you requested me covered in whipped cream and Nutella."

"Oh yeah I did," Hyunjin said through a giggle as he remembered. "But this time I want actual food and not your body for once."

"Felix will definitely be relieved to hear that."

"I feel bad for not telling Felix why we really went to see Minnie," Hyunjin said in a quiet voice, his food request momentarily forgotten. "But I don't want to jinx this by yelling it from the rooftops like I really want to do."

"I'm sure he'll understand our reasons for keeping this to ourselves when we make the announcement."

"I know but I still feel bad for keeping something from him. I'm just glad that Hannie is at the café to help while we were at the appointment so Felix didn't have to work alone."

"How else are you feeling honey?" Minho asked as he parked in his usual spot not far from the café entrance.

"Honestly? I'm feeling a little bloated, my chest feels a little tender and my ass feels like its about to rip out of my pants," Hyunjin replied with a soft laugh. "And our little bean is wanting something with eggplants in it. But I wouldn't change any of this for the world for this little one."