8-♫- Someone Like You

Start from the beginning

            It wasn’t until I heard him whistle lowly that I snapped by into reality. I look to where Teegan is looking and freeze.

            We were at the top of the Ferris wheel. The top. Gasping out a choked out laugh, I stare at the brilliant lights illuminated below. The smell of candy apples and cotton candy attack my senses once more and the cooling lisp of the airbrushes over my skin.

            I was elated. Happier than I think I have ever been.

            Down below us, people look like ants bustling about on the ground from where we are.

            Teegan whoops loudly thrusting both of his arms up in the arm.

            “I just kissed the girl I have wanted to kiss for the past week!” Teegan yells out into the air.

            Teegan closes his eyes, his face toward the skies as I stare at him.

            I couldn’t even stop the goofy smile from spreading across my face.

            Maybe it was from my over-hyped feeling of happiness or maybe it was just the joy of the carnival surround me, either way I found myself cupping my hands over my mouth and screaming:

            “I just got kissed on the top of a Ferris wheel!”

            The town lights twinkle softly against the blackened sky. They were like Christmas lights on a tree, blinking and twinkling beautifully.

            My heart feels like it’s soaring in the air and right at that moment, who was to tell me that it wasn’t?

            Feeling Teegan take my hand, he brushes his lips across my knuckles before facing me with hesitant eyes.

            “I’m guessing you want an explanation,” he sighs, a half-smile on his face.

            Smiling secretly, Teegan props his long legs onto the seat across from us before literally turning my body to face him.

            Once satisfied with my position, Teegan grins cutely before smacking his hands together, the noise piercing the air.

            “Okay, I think we should play the game where you ask a question and then I ask a question,” Teegan says, grinning mischievously at me.

            I glare at him. “No fair.”

            Teegan laughs at me, the skin around his eyes crinkling a bit. I look down to stop the urge to kiss him again.

            “Fine,” Teegan says still laughing. “You can get two skips and I only get one skip for the questions we don’t want to answer.”

            “How does that even make a difference? It’s still the same game,” I protest pouting.

            Teegan flicks me on the forehead.

            “Just this time. Please,” he begs me his gorgeous eyes widening into the cutest face.

            I slap a hand over my eyes. “Fine….” I groan out.

            Just as I am about to uncover my eyes, I feel Teegan kiss me on the lips.

            My eyes widen in surprise and Teegan shrugs shyly.

            “I wanted to…” he half explains looking away from me.

            I laugh at his sudden shyness, resting my legs across his.