Chapter 6

I started something that Straub now has to fix. Why did he choose me? Why did he want to marry me?

The girls were walking back and forth.

What have I done?

"You aren't going to tell them we are...you know... Are you?" I ask.

"There is no other option."

The girls heard him. They ran off. We had to run after them. We couldn't let them tell the world we were immortal.

"Wait!" Will screamed. The girls turned to face him. "Alexandra?"

I walk away from the whole situation. This was way too much to handle with. I slide down a wall and sat there. I thought I was supposed to be happy, but I wasn't. I began

"Brie?" I heard a sympathetic voice call. "Shh...It's okay. it will all be okay." Straub comes to comfort me. "I don't get it. Why me? Why did you choose me in the first place? All I do is cause you trouble. I could have been dead if I didn't drink from that spring..."

"Baby, I chose you because I loved you. Ever since I first saw you, I had a gut feeling we would be together forever. Now look at us. We are in love. You are going to look so gorgeous in that white dress when you walk down that aisle. We fix our problems. That's what we were made for. We were meant to fix our problems. Together. Baby, don't cry." He gives me a kiss on my forehead.

He did love me. Even if I caused him trouble, he loved me. I love him.

This was all I can ever ask for.