"But, that means you'd have to feel that pain all over again."

Millie was silent for a moment before she sighed and looked down. "How many kids are there going to be?"

"I don't know, Millie..."

She nodded, taking in Steve's words. She was scared out of her mind, accepting the fact that she would be in a world of suffering in a matter of hours, and trying to comprehend the fact that maybe her loved ones would get hurt.

All things considered, she took a deep breath in and faced everyone in the commons who were still arguing. "Okay, I'll do it." She said confidently.

Everyone stopped, staring at her with varied expressions. She didn't need to see Steve to know which he was wearing, though.

Fear, which he far too often covered up with the look of something else.

"You will?" Tony asked, slightly shocked.

"Of course. I'm a nurse, I help people."

He clapped his hands together in delight, avoiding the scowl of Steve. "Excellent! Do you remember where you had your fitting?"

"Uh...yes?" She hummed. "I think."

"Good, go there and get in your suit."he pointed to the stairs. "And when your done, meet us just outside the hangar to go over the plan."

"Okay..."

She started to walk away and Steve followed her trail, but was quickly halted by Tony. "Not you, pretty boy. You go suit up and meet me down there asap."

~

Millie took a deep breath, navigating the maze like halls of the avengers compound until finally she found the hangar.

Her suit was plain, very simple. I'm fact, it didn't look like a suit at all. Everyone had these intricate works of art, made to suit each of them. Millie was wearing a pair of cargo pants held up by straps a long sleeve shirt. It didn't seem particularly fancy at all, but she didn't mind.

As she slid open the door to the hangar, she saw everyone huddling around a big round table, bickering it seemed– as usual.

"Ah, Millie!" Tony acknowledged her. "You look great."

Steve turned sprung and his composure instantly softened at the sight of her, taking in her look. She looked so tough, so strong. She always had been, of course, but a nurses uniform and 40s skirts didn't exactly do wonders for the depiction of strength– even if they thought they should.

"Looks like you got that suit at Walmart, Stark." Clint snorted and Nat smacked him.

"It's new stark technology, actually." He rounded the table to stand next to Millie, pointing parts of her suit out. "Her top is made out what I call micro mail, incredibly fine mesh that won't weigh her down but will protect her from slashing to an extent. And once it gets damaged, it's technology will send both Steve and I a message to let us know her armour is low."

"I thought it was just really scratchy linen..." Millie remarked.

"Her pants have a built in parachute, well...they're supposed to. I actually haven't gotten around to that yet. Oh, and plenty of space for tools or weapons."

"And the suspenders?" She asked.

"They looked cool."

"Oh..."

"Anyway, come over and we will run you through things."

She nuzzled her way between Bucky and Steve, slipping her hand into his and leaning in close. He was in has captains suit, dark navy blue with a silver star in the middle that was starting to wear.