Chapter Five: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back.

The "family dinner" during Therese's birthday went quite perfectly. Paulina decided to give her two Ates some time to bond with each other, so she decided to go home early.

Mari's POV

Paulina just left the restaurant. She said she has some work-related stuff to deal with since her boss is up to her neck because of her sudden "sick" leave today. Therese didn't argue with her sister anymore instead, she just hugged and thanked her for today.

There was a sudden awkward silence between me and Therese after Paulina left. Parang nalimutan na yata namin makipag-usap sa isa't isa. Ang weird.

"So... uhm Therese? You ok?" I finally decided to break the deafening silence between us by asking the birthday girl if she was okay.

"Yah... yah. Sorry, medyo lost ako. Nasobrahan yata ako sa steak kanina. Hehehe! I feel so full. Ikaw ba? Ok ka lang?" She replied na parang natataranta. Sigurado ba tong babae na ito na okay lang siya? Hmmmmm...

"Yes, okay na okay. Meron akong magandang babae na kasama eh." I decided to slowly hit my chance. Yan kung may chance ba talaga. I still haven't ask her status or even her orientation. Baka lugi nanaman ako at meron na tong jowa o di kaya naman straight siya. But I observed her reaction to what I said and if I was not hallucinating, Therese blushed.

"Nako! Mukhang nahuhulog kana sa kin, Lens ah?" She responded to my weak attempt to flirt. *Lord! Eto na ba yung someone ko? Magbigay ka naman ng sign oh.* I looked back at her in all awe of her beauty. Lumalalim ang gabi at mukhang gumaganda lalo si Therese sa paningin ko.

"Eto na nga oh. Hulog na hulog na sayo. Isang ngiti mo pa baka matutunaw na ako dito. Pero sure ka ba na wala kang jowa na magagalit? o baka straight ka at ang ending ay mahuhulog ako na walang sasalo" I chuckled nervously while trying my best to lighten up the situation. Pero as I look deep into her eyes, nakita ko na seryoso na siya.

"Hindi ba parang ang bilis natin? I mean aaminin ko, I like you, Lens, but this is all new to me, and I'm not sure if what I am feeling right now should be trusted. Kasi baka na overwhelm lang ako sa situation. I hope you get what I mean." She said without breaking her eye contact.

"Binibiro lang kita. Of course, I would love to take it slow with you. It meant a lot to me that you're being honest about what you feel right now. I like you too, Therese. And if okay lang sayo, I really want to court you." Linakasan ko na talaga ang loob ko. We're adults here, and it's clear that we both feel the same way. So, ayoko nang magpaligoy-ligoy pa.

"Ha? I didn't expect to hear that from someone I just met a few hours ago. Sure ka ba na liligawan mo ako, Lens?" She replied while holding her cheeks, namumula siya kasi nung narinig niya na gusto ko siyang ligawan.

"Hay nako, Therese. Of course, I'm sure. So, Annie Therese Hontiveros, will you give me the honor to show you how much I like you by courting you?" Buong loob ko siyang tinanong while smiling at her.

"Yes! I would love that. Looking forward to knowing you more, Lens." She replied while slowly putting her hands above mine.

"Thank you. So... Can I have your number po? Hehehe! Medyo traditional ako eh, mas gusto ko pa rin yung e-te-text ka rather than just sending you a chat message." I smiled as I look at her face. Nakaka-aliw talaga na bawat salita na lumalabas sa bibig ko ay nagpapangiti sa kanya.

"Sure, here let me write it for you." She replied enthusiatically while rummaging through her bag for some pen and paper to write her number in.

Tinititigan ko lang si Therese habang nagsusulat siya ng number niya sa isang maliit na piraso ng papel. After a few seconds she handed it to me and I saw na hindi lang cellphone number yung nilagay niya.

Ours (LNRS AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें