Chapter 4 The Letter

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

"The test is going to be a race," Midnight said

I wasn't the only one happy about that news as many faces became less tense at this information. I even started to smile but stopped when I saw a black-eyed male staring at me. He looked older than any of the other middle schoolers maybe he was held back a grade. Whatever it was his black eyes made me shiver.

"Now it's not a normal race," Midnight said getting my attention back "You are allowed to use your quirk in this competition"

Oh well, I am fucked unless I want to make everyone fall crazy in love with me that would be the only way I could win. I just had to hope I wouldn't come in last place.

"Now if I call your number please line up on the white line."

Please not 12 anything but having to race first I chatted this in my head over and over hoping some merciful god would spear me.

"10, 22," Midnight started to read off numbers and girls started to step forward "30, 13, 3, 20, annnnnd"

Midnight scanned her list looking for another runner.

"Let's do 12" She finally decided

I looked to Shoto asking him 'why does god hate' he just shrugged his shoulders. I went to where the other girls were lined up. I took my spot next to black hair girl that had her hair tied back in a ponytail.

"At the sound of the gun, you may go" Midnight pointed a starter gun into the air "3...2....1"

Bang

I pushed off with my feet pumping my legs as face as they would go. A loud rumble was heard from behind me but I didn't turn to look. When I saw the girl with the black hair tied in a  ponytail pass by me on a motorcycle my jaw dropped. I shook my head and focus on my running pushing my body until my muscles burned. When I passed the finish line only then did I look back the other girls were still far behind?

"Good job on getting third" Midnight commented

I looked at her confused and she could see it on my face.

"There was a girl with a teleporting quirk who got first then the motorcycle girl got 2nd" Midnight explain to me

I gave Midnight a smile before walking away. My small notepad and pen were still nestled in my pocket. I went over to the ponytail girl who was looking at the motorcycle probably wondering what she was going to do with it.

'You were amazing' I wrote down tapping her on the shoulder and showing her the paper

"Oh thank you" She replied "I am Momo Yayurozu and you are"

'Y/n L/n it's nice to meet you' I wrote down showing her

"Are you a mute L/n?" She asked

I nodded my head.