Chapter 30 Money

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

I was trying to stay positive but each day was looking gloomier and gloomier. It took money to get to Kyoto which was the one thing I was trying to get hold of. If I needed money then Shoto or another family member would buy me what I need. At night I would look in their wallets but there was never physical cash in them. The debit cards were protected by a pin that I had no clue what it was.

As each day pass I became more desperate that's how I ended up dragging my cousin, Mei, down the hall as soon as the lunch bell rang. We had to get away from my class before Shoto showed up. If he caught us he was demanded to come with us and I needed to be alone with her. Mei looked concerned as I dragged her into the workshop where she made her invitations.

As soon as we were both in the work shop I shut the door locking it behind us. I didn't bother to turn on the light so it wouldn't give away that someone was in the room. Mei allowed me to pull her to the back of the room where we would be hidden by shelves if anyone walked in. Now with us in a safe place and the view of us blocked only then did I feel comfortable to talk.

"What's going on" Mei knew to keep her voice low

"I need your help" My voice shook as I spoke. Mei knew that something had frightened me.

Even though Mei herself looked scared her words came out strong "What do need"

"Money enough to get to Kyoto" I answered

Mei looked confused "Can you tell me why you need money to get to Kyoto or why you can't just get it from your mom?"

Even though I trusted Mei more than anything I couldn't put her in danger. Just the thought of the threatening letter she had gotten before was enough for me to keep her in the dark. No! My mother was already in danger I wouldn't allow Mei to get wrapped up in this as well.

"I can't tell you. I am sorry. I know I am asking for a lot without giving you an answer why but just know-"

"-I'll get it for you" Mei cut me off "You never ask for anything so if it's coming from you it must be really important"

I couldn't but smile at the kindness of my cousin "Yes it's very important"

"Well I have 15000 yen saved up but if I can ask my parents I probably could get 50000 yen from them" I could see Mei running the calculations in her head

Mei's father was my dad's brother. Just like my own father Mei's father didn't like me either "We shouldn't get your parents involved" I decided

Mei nodded her head agreeing "Probably the smart way to go since my parents would ask too many questions. I'll bring it tomorrow then"

I couldn't help but hug Mei "I thank you so much" I repeated over and over

After the hug, we made our way out of the room. Lunch still wasn't over so Mei and I decided to grab lunch in the cafeteria. I hoped that my stalkers would be too busy running around the school not bothering to look in such an obvious place.