t w e n t y - f o u r

Start from the beginning

"Found this when we were looking for water." Carl says handing a yellow box over to her. It was covered with intricate pink designs and patterns.

"What is it?" Maggie says while opening it.

"I think it use to play music." Carl says. Inside there was a pretty girl with a beautiful flowy pink dress.

"It's broken." Carl added on.

"Thanks, Carl." Maggie says sweetly.

"I thought you might like it." He smiles before walking further ahead. I let out a small whine, as I continued to limp on.

The walkers were slowly but surely gaining on us, and after hours, we managed to reach a bridge.

I stopped, and when I did I felt extremely dizzy, and everything when fuzzy and started spinning. I stumbled over my own paw, and collapsed onto my side, and started frantically panting, desperately trying to push myself back up.

I whimpered as Rick crouched down next to me, grabbing the bag of my back, also steadily holding me down gently so I couldn't hurt myself.

I watched as Maggie, Sasha, Abraham, Michonne, Rick, and Glenn took positions, while Carl now had the backpack of puppies on his back.

It felt like my lungs were on fire, slowly giving in on me causing me a painfully slow death. Rosita remained crouched down beside me, which calmed my nerves in a way, but it certainly didn't stop me from whining and shaking, even in this warm weather.

I watched as Rick and the others pushed walkers off the bridge watching them fly down.

After a minute or so something happened and they started using their knives and Michonne's sword to kill the walkers.

Rick and the others came back over, and Rick reached into a his bag, pulling out a bottle of water. I tried to turn my head away but the temptation was too strong. My throat burned, and the water pushed everything back down, energizing me thought to carry on.

I stood up, wobbly on my paws as I dragged myself along.

After a while Carl's voice broke the steady silence, "Dad, look." We all could se a few cars scattered, hopefully with supplies in. Maybe even some food.

"I'm gonna head into the woods, circle back." I heard Daryl say.

"May I come with?" Carol asks

Not even a split second passes before hearing Daryl grunt a "No."

The minute we reached the cara, I immediately took myself over to the side of the road, collapsing onto my side, eager to get some rest in.

I woke up to Rick's hand petting my head softly. I pushed myself up against him, getting as close as possible, glad that the air was beginning to cool now that the sun was hidden by clouds.

We all heard rustling and Rick became very alert, ready to shoot up, but relaxed in seeing that it was Daryl.

I picked up on the end of a conversation hearing Eugene speak, "...And I truly do not know
if things can get worse."

"They can." Rosita said.

Seconds after speaking I smelled the familiar scent of death, blood, and dogs.

I shot up before anyone noticed, as leaves crunching and the sound of paws running could be heard.

People started pulling knives out, as a black and tan german shepherd, two dobermans, and a scruffy looking dog came out.

I growled, getting closer to them, about a metre separating us. "Back off, these are MY people, if you come closer in hopes of hurting them, I will put you through so much pain." I grumbled at them.