Twenty: The Last Day. Part Two.

Back with Stefan and Ellie, they walked through loads and loads of trees...

"Where are we?" She asked.

"It's a surprise. Just a little bit longer."

"I'm not a vampire yet, you know. My legs are still human; they get tired." She tells him.

"You ready to talk about how you're feeling about all of this?"

"Uh..." She chuckled. "This morning, I wondered if I would live or die. Who would miss me? You know, that sort of stuff. Would you miss me?"

He stopped, turning back to her.

"Of course I would miss you, Ellie. I'll lose my damn mind if you die. I will miss you so damn much."

"And I'm gonna be a vampire. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel. Angry? Sad? Upset? Probably all three." She said, shrugging, looking at the ground.

He stopped in his tracks, and she bumped into his back.

"Did you really have to stop while I was walking behind you?" She asked.

"Uh, yeah."

She looked up at the waterfall, and she instantly fell in love with it.

"My God. This is beautiful, Stefan." She says, smiling and staring at the waterfall.

"I think you do know how you feel. And I think you don't want me to blame myself. But I just want you to know that it's okay to tell me."

"I can't. You got it right. It's not your fault. Stefan, I just... I can't talk about it." She said, smiling softly.

"I'll respect your wishes if you don't want to. It's your choice. But today is all about you. But... it's a long way to the top. Let's go. You never know what might come up."

She stared up at the cliff.

"We're climbing the whole way up." She said, her eyes widening.

"Oh, yeah."

"Can you not do one of your super-powered vampire jumpy things?" She asked.

"No, it's your last day as a human. Why cheat now when you've never cheated before? If you're lucky, I'll give you a piggyback half way up."

"You promise?"

"You promise?"

"Would I never lie to you?"

She smiled, watching him hold his hand out for her to take.