Five: Kill Or Be Killed.

*Flashback...*

Emerald Coast, Florida, one year ago...

Mason was sitting in a bar, and he paid for his drinks.

"All right, Carlos, that's it for me." Said Mason.

"You got it."

Mason left the bar, and a guy followed him.

The man shoved Mason.

"Mason."

"Whoa. Hey, Jimmy, easy. Let's get you home." Mason tells him.

"Screw you."

Jimmy shoved Mason back again.

"I know about you and Marla."

"What are you talking about? You've had too much to drink; let's..." Mason says, trying to calm him down.

Jimmy grabbed Mason by the throat, and Mason shoved him back.

"Dude, what's up? It's me, Mason. I'm not messing with Marla. You know that." Said Mason.

Jimmy punched him across the face. Mason grabbed him by his shirt.

"You don't wanna do this, buddy." Mason tells him.

"I'm gonna kill you."

They both fell to the floor, and Jimmy stood up, starting to kick Mason in the stomach.

Jimmy got on top of him, and he kept punching him across the face. Mason shoved him off.

Mason grabbed Jimmy over his shoulder and threw him to the ground, and Jimmy's head smacked off the ground.

Mason panted, and he sat up. He looked at Jimmy.

"Jimmy. Jimmy." Mason says, shaking his head, and he sees the pool of blood.

Mason stood up, and he stared at his friend.

*End of Flashback...*

"Wait. The guy died? You killed him?"

"He kept coming at me; he got it in his head that I was sleeping with his girlfriend

"He kept coming at me; he got it in his head that I was sleeping with his girlfriend."

"Were you?" Asked Tyler.

"No, no. I wouldn't do that. He was my friend. He was drunk and attacked me. It was self-defence."

"And it triggered the curse." Tyler says, signing softly.

"On every full moon, I lose control. If I don't sedate myself and chain myself down... I'll kill anything in my path. You have to be careful. All it takes is an accident, a car wreck. Any death at your hands, and you'll have a lifetime of this. And you don't want it, Tyler; trust me."

Still with Tyler and Mason

"All right, where's the moonstone? Deal's a deal. I answered your questions."

"Um, yeah, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing it's in here. My dad, he was very kooky about his hiding spots, but I've figured most of them out over the years." Tyler said, signing softly, and he flipped the rug over.

Mason walked over, and Tyler unlocked the safe on the floorboards.

"It's all yours." Tyler says.

Mason dug around the safe.

"You gonna tell me what's so important about this rock?" Asked Tyler.

"I told you, it's just something I want. Sentimental value."

"Yeah, I'm not really buying that. Why do you really want it?" Tyler asked, staring at him.

"Do you know where it is or not?"

"No, I figured it'd be in here, man." Tyler tells him.

Later, with Jeremy and Ellie...

"I can't believe Tyler Lockwood's a werewolf."

"We're not sure about that yet. The only thing we know for sure is that Mason Lockwood is." She says.

"Should be easier for us to figure out."

"There is no us. I told you I wouldn't keep things from you anymore. That doesn't mean that I want you involved in this." She said, frowning at him.

"By definition of being in this family, I'm involved."

"This is dangerous, Jeremy. You have to stay out of it, okay?" She asked, staring at him through the mirror.

"All right. Just saying."

She walked back into her bedroom, and she walked into the wardrobe.

She closed the door, and she jumped, seeing Stefan standing behind the door.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"Yeah, tell that to your face." She said, scoffing loudly and shaking her head at him.

He stepped forward, and she held up her finger. She walked over to her bedroom door, which was open.