Two: Brave New World.

The same night, at midnight...

Caroline was still lying unconscious in the hospital bed, and she shot up in bed.

She got up out of bed, and she left her hospital room, seeing a nurse at the reception.

"Excuse me. Where is everyone?" Caroline asked.

"It's the middle of the night, hon."

"It is? Well, have you seen my mom?" Asked Caroline.

"She left after dinner with your boyfriend. And then your friend Ellie stopped by."

"She did? Yeah, she did. But she said her name was Katherine. Can I just get something to eat?" Caroline asked her.

"Breakfast comes around 7:00."

"But I'm hungry." Said Caroline.

"You should go back to sleep."

Caroline signed, and she walked back towards her hospital room before her face twisted in disgust.

"What is that smell?" Caroline asked.

"Back to bed."

The nurse walked away, and Caroline followed the smell, which led her to the room facing hers, where she saw a blood bag hanging.

"What are you doing in here?"

Caroline spun around, seeing the nurse.

"I don't know." Caroline tells her.

"You need to go back to bed."

Caroline walked into her room, and the nurse closed the door.

Caroline pulled the blood bag from under her housecoat.

She put her mouth around the small tube, and she took a small amount, and she gagged and threw it onto the floor.

She got off the bed, and she picked it up, drinking it again.

The next morning at the Mystic Falls High School Annual Carnival, which was being held at school

Bonnie and Ellie talk.

"I mean, Katherine looked just like you and Elena. It was freakish."

"She is our ancestor. Hey, I moved the student booths into the cafeteria." Said Ellie.

"Your vampire ancestor. And she didn't just resemble you... like a family member would. She was you."

"I... I... I don't know. I can't explain it, okay? It's creepy. That's all I've got." Ellie says.

"Well, how do you know she's not still out there pretending to be you or Elena."

"I don't

"I don't. But I could sit here and be tortured by not knowing... or I could get these prizes to the ring toss." Ellie tells her.

"Have you talked to Damon since he killed Jeremy? Or tried to kill Jeremy?"

"No, Bonnie, I haven't. And not going to, either. Anyway, I don't wanna talk about Damon or anything vampire-related. Okay?" Ellie asked.

"Copy that."

"I'm human. And I have to do human stuff; otherwise, I'm gonna go crazy." Said Ellie.

"I'm sorry; I'll focus. We have to make Caroline proud. Or she will kill us. Literally. I don't know how she does this all the time."

"Because she's not human, obviously." Ellie chuckled.

With Jeremy and Stefan, they stood inside the school...

"It's the same as the bracelet Ellie gave you."

"It protects me from compulsion." Jeremy said.

"Vervain is toxic to vampires."

"You mean, like, poison?" Jeremy asked.

"It's very poisonous. It'll keep them out of your head."

"But why vervain?" Asked Jeremy.

"I don't know. There's certain natural herbs and roots and other elements... that are harmful to vampires."

"Like a stake through the heart?" Jeremy asked, looking at him.

"Right, but it has to be wood."

Jeremy smiled.

"You're pretty confident in yourself... telling me all the different ways I could kill you."