30 | star wind flower sun

🌟🌬⚘️☀️

I got home with a gloomy mood, and it even got gloomier that there was no one at home as I opened the door.

I recalled that the four of us all had different plans the night before: the Fairytale Night at Pyeonghwa for me, the Year End dinners with Eric's family for Yongsun, another dinner with her current producing team for Byulyi and a VIP wedding to take care of right on the last day of the year for Hyejin.

Usually I didn't find the fact that we had our own stuff and couldn't be at home at the same time something sad, but now it only added more sadness to my already heavy heart.

Or is it just the side effect of hangover? I'd rather so.

I climbed upstairs, opened my room's door and jolted right away with a startling exclamation.

     "Oh shit! Ahn Hyejin! You freaked me out."

     "Home already?"

Hyejin didn't even look a bit startled. She glanced at me with raised eyebrows and then turned to look at her in the mirror, taking off the green jelly face mask, the color of which did startle me the moment I saw it, and grunted to herself as she realized that she took it off too early.

     "Urgh, I hate this kind of mask, taking too much time and too sticky."

     "You're using it anyway." - I commented and walked inside, taking off my jacket and plopping onto the mattress. - "Why whining?"

     "I didn't buy it, ok?" - Hyejin replied me while she was busy with the next step in the facial routine. - "It was a gift and at least I should use it once to have something to feedback for the giver. I can't just take it for granted anyway."

     "That sounds cool of you, Hyejin ah."

I complimented her and stretched my legs and arms, moving them as if I was making a snow angel on the mattress and let out a sleepy yawn.

     "Oh why am I so sleepy on the New Year day like this?"

     "Party too hard, eh?"

I inhaled for a second and replied her with a nod.

     "Yes. You gotta see how twenty people ended up consuming nearly thirty bottle of wines, not to mention beers." - I sat up and spilled an interesting fact, to which Hyejin just replied with a brief pout of amusement. - "And we had, like a 3 hour karaoke session. It was exhausting, but fun, to be honest."

     "You're getting to enjoy life more and more, eh?" - Hyejin smirked. - "What or who should I credit to for this improvement?"

I shrugged and copied her pout to reply nonverbally.

I don't know.

Because my mind had been clouded after what happened last night.

At that moment, I suddenly smelled fried chicken. It was weird. I mean, there were only me and Hyejin in the house right now and there was this delicious smell. Hyejin had the same concern, her brows knitted as she turned to me.

     "Do you smell that?"

     "Chicken?"

     "Yes."