2 | the new partner

Ok it turned out that I was the only one who knew nothing about the changes in my program

Ironic? Hell yes.

It was until then that Seulgi informed me about the management's sudden request to feature a male voice in the program - "for diversity and inclusion", Seulgi quoted.

An internal announcement was sent last Friday to call for first come first serve volunteer. And among the young employees who registered, Kim Taehyung was selected.

     "You two get to know each other and start working on this week's show, OK?" - Seulgi stood up and quickly told us as if she had just got a huge, invisible mountain of pressure unloaded. - "I have a meeting with new boss coming up."

Then Seulgi disappeared, leaving me with tons of questions unanswered.

From the revelation of her being on the verge of resignation to the involvement of Kim Taehyung in my program and of course, that if this was the last day she was my program coordinator.

Feeling my head spinning, I grabbed the mug on the table and took in big gulps of water.

Oh shit! What kind of water is this?

     "Gosh!"

I exclaimed, trying hard not to spit out that damn bitter stuff turning out to be Americano - my least favorite coffee of all time - to the meeting room.

But wait... why did I bring Americano to the meeting room instead of my favorite mocha?

I frowned at the mug I'm holding. It was just the same white ceramic mug with the company logo printed in purple.

But out of the corner of my eyes, I caught sight of another identical mug.

And only a few centimeters above was the confusing expression on Taehyung's face. Only then did I realize...

That I had just drunk Taehyung's coffee, directly from his mug.

     "Oops!" - I startled and put the mug down with maximum care. - "Sor. . ry. . .I mistook it with my mug. Let me buy you a new one."

     "Well. . ." - A corner of his lips finally lifted after a few seconds. He must have been terrified. - "No problem."

     "Why no?" - I insisted. I must do like that for manner although what happened was just an accident. Not everyone was ok with someone else's drinking from their own mug, especially without asking. - "Wait a bit."

     "No no" - Taehyung waved both hands in denial - "You don't need to, honestly."

But I had already dashed out of the meeting room.

We were at the ground floor so it only took me a few steps to reach the company's cafe and order a takeaway Americano.

Brushing off questions from the cashier about why I ordered something I had never liked, I pulled out my phone to scan the payment QR code.