𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟻:𝚆𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙼𝙴𝙻𝙾𝙽𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙰𝙱𝙰𝙽𝙳𝙾𝙽𝙴𝙳 𝚆𝙴𝙰𝚁𝙷𝙾𝚄𝚂𝙴𝚂

I pulled up in front of Miguel's apartment and we quickly ran out the car and inside to see Carmen and my dad sitting at the table waiting for us

I pulled up in front of Miguel's apartment and we quickly ran out the car and inside to see Carmen and my dad sitting at the table waiting for us. I felt a little bad that we were late, but then again I was having too much fun to remember.

"Where have you been? You have to tell me when you're gonna be home late." Carmen told Miguel.

"You too Ryles. You had me worried." Dad added and I furrowed my brows at how weird he sounded. Almost as if he was trying to impress Carmen or something.

"I'm sorry. We lost track of time." Miguel apologized and I nodded.

"They lost track of time. Which is very irresponsible and you can't worry your mom like that."

"We were hanging out with Tammy and Rose." I explained trying to defend myself. I really didn't like the way dad was acting.

"See, they were hanging out with their friends. I get it."

"We just want you to be safe. Right?" Carmen asked Johnny who nodded.

"Yeah. We want you both to be safe."

"Okay."

"Always wear protection."

"What the hell?" I asked and Carmen wore the same facial expression as me.

"Just stop it. At first I thought it was a little weird that you two were together but I figured I would just, I don't know, get over it because I wanted you to be happy but....you said nothing was gonna change. Now everything has changed. It's weird at class, it's weird here. I'm over it." Miguel ranted.

"Miguel's rant. At first it was cool you two got together, but now I feel a little uncomfortable. I suggest you fix this as soon as possible." I added as I made my way out of the house as Miguel walked to his room. Dad tried calling out for me but I ignored him, walking over to my room and slamming the door. I was happy he was in love again, but with my best friends mom? Anyone would feel a little weird and uneasy. I fell back on my bed and stared at the ceiling, boredom clouding my mind. Turning my head, and I grabbed my phone and called the one person I knew who would listen.

"Hey, Hawk. You got a minute?"

*******
"For the millionth time, I wanted to say I'm sorry." I apologized as Hawk and I walked down the hallway. We spent hours on the phone last night, and we made up and were cool again. But the guilt was still eating away at me and I felt as if I had to apologize every two seconds.

"Oh my god. For the last time, it's fine." Hawk laughed as he kissed my cheek causing me to blush and hold his hand tightly. I told him about Rose and Tammy, and we were planning on meeting up with them later.

"Look, if things get too weird at your house you always know my door is open." Hawk mentioned.

"I shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable though. But I do it's messing with me." I replied with my head hung low. Hawk just wrapped his arms around my shoulders causing me to feel better.