𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟺:𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙿𝙻𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙻𝚈 𝙾𝚄𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙻𝙾𝙾𝙿

Lately I've been slacking off with my training and preparing myself for the tournament due to all the shit that's been going on in my life

Lately I've been slacking off with my training and preparing myself for the tournament due to all the shit that's been going on in my life. And so today I was back at it with Rose and Tammy by my side. We were at some abandoned wear house which did not look safe at all.

"God where the hell have you been? I called and texted but nothing!" Miguel exclaimed running over to hug me. I hugged him back and pulled away with a smile.

"I'm sorry. Things have been getting pretty crazy on my mind."

"Ryleigh!" Dad called making his way over to me. Uh-oh, he looked real mad. However instead or yelling at me for worse he just pulled me in for a tight hug.

"Don't you ever do that shit again. I was thinking of calling the cops on you."

"Dad, I was out for a day." I mentioned.

"I don't care. You scared the shit out of me. Who're your friends?" Dad nodded his head towards Tammy and Rose who stood there awkwardly.

"Dad, this is Tammy and Rose. They had my back in juvie." I explained and Tammy took a step forward.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Tammy." She held her hand out and Dad shook it along with Miguel.

"I'm Rose." Once everyone was introduced to each other I started explaining the situation once more.

"Tammy and Rose were thinking about joining Eagle Fang. They already know a couple of moves since I taught them in juvie, and I think they could be a good addition to the team."

"Cool. We need more girls anyway." Miguel mentioned and I furrowed my brows in confusion. More girls? I figured I was enough for the team.

"Why?" I questioned crossing my arms over my chest.

"Uh, didn't you hear? Girls and boys fight separately now."

What?

I was all for equality and peace and love on earth, but what the hell? I had plans for the tournament. I wanted to kick the shit out of Robby and Kyler and wave my trophy in their pathetic faces. Now all I can fight is Tory and Alyssa? It was still a pretty good lineup, but I was disappointed.

"Jesus how out of the loop are you?" Dad asked causing me to glare at him. I really wasn't in the mood for anyones bullshit right now.

"What, so this means we can't fight any boys in the tournament?" Rose questioned tilting her head. Miguel nodded and I saw her roll her eyes and let out a scoff.

"Bullshit. They want equality, let boys and girls fight each other. What point are you proving if you have the same gender fight each other? I don't know much about karate, but that's just my opinion." Rose said throwing her hands up.

Dad smirked and pointed a finger at the girl. "I like this kid. Now everyone fall in! Let's welcome our newest members Rose and Tammy."

*******
The next morning I walked inside Miguel's apartment waiting for him to finish getting ready. I was pretty much family at the Diaz household, which meant I could walk in whenever I wanted. Miguel had walked into Carmen's room to get the car keys and I didn't think anything of it until Miguel walked out holding my dads headband.