Oops...

"Alright, well, I'm off," Edd said, beaming.

"Wait, where are you going?" Tom asks loudly from one end of the sofa, Tord was in the kitchen, making himself a snack before he went back to his room.

"I have a date, Tom, I've been warning you all for a while that I can't do anything, and now, I'm leaving," Edd sighs.

"You cannot be leaving me to take care of Matt," Tom protests.

"No, I'm leaving you and Tord, bye!" Edd says, rushing out the door before he can get a response.

"Ugh." Tom sighed.

"You're on your own," Tord laughed, tossing a crisp into his mouth as he passed the living room.

"You too busy sleeping, I guess?" Tom teases.

Tord swings around, "What's that supposed to mean, Jehovah?"

"I'm just saying, when was the last time you slept?" Tom smirks.

"Last night, of course," Tord says snarkily.

"Bullshit," Tom roll his eyes.

"Why do you always respond that way? Is it that difficult to believe that I do sleep?" Tord said, annoyed.

"I dunno, maybe it's the giant goddamn bags under your eyes, or possibly the fact you keep passing out on me." Tom rolls his eyes.

"Well, what the fuck do you want me to do about that?" Tord groans.

"Tell me why you aren't sleeping," Tom dares.

"Jokes on you, I don't know why I'm not sleeping, you fuck," Tord crosses his arms.

Tom starts some sarcastic remark, but is interrupted by Matt suddenly rushing down the hall in a makeshift go-kart. Almost driving into Tord, who trips trying to get out of the way of the ginger. Crisps fly everywhere, and Tord falls over the side of the couch and onto Tom.

His head lands directly on Tom's chest. He can't help but snuggle into the soft blue material.

"God dammit, Matt!" Tom growls, "What the fuck are you doing?"

Matt squeaks, "Nothing! Or...well, something, but nothing to worry about! I'm just uhh...Making experiments! Doing science! Testing ideas!"

"Driving around a go-kart made out of fucking cardboard and making the most noise possible?" Tom continues to shout, Tord finds himself flinching at all the shouting, and suddenly a hand is in his hair, gently petting it. It's calming.

"I'm sorry! I'll try to be quiet! I'll just go back to my room now! heheh..." Matt rushes away as Tom shouts another string of curses at him.

"Fucking prick..." Tom finishes, quieter.

"You chose to befriend him, fuckhead," Tord responds sarcastically, looking up to meet Tom's pure black eyes.

"I did not choose any of you assholes, I was forced here by my loneliness," Tom proclaims.

"Right, I forgot, no one likes you," Tord scoffs,

"As if you're one to talk," Tom argues, "Based on the shaking and flinching I'm taking it you aren't new to being yelled at, commie,"

"Kind of gay of you to notice that and try to comfort me, if that's what you call this, jehovah." Tord smirks.

"It's kind of gay of you to, like, literally instantly cuddle into me. So I say we're even," Tom responds, just as sarcastic as Tord.

"It is not gay, It wasn't about you it was about it being comfortable," Tord argues.

"Shut up, I'm trying to watch TV," Tom says dismissively, pushing Tord's face into his chest. Tord ignores the was his heart skips at the subtle allowance to stay here.

They remain silent and watch some dumb reality show, children learning to dance and their moms screaming at each other. The mom's tones are suprisingly familiar to them both, not that either tells the other.

They only get through half an episode before Tord feels his eyes drooping, and he simply accepts it, letting his eyes drop, and cuddling closer to Tom.

"Goodnight, Tordy," Is the last thing he hears, a gently whisper, the slightest twinge of affection dripping from it.

====================

Tord wakes up on the couch, a conpletely different show playing on the TV now, something about cleaning up hoarder spaces.

He glances around, but doesn't see a note. That is until he puts his hands in his pockets to go back to his room.

"Hi Tord,

Edd came back, so I had to run before rumors spread through the house, you know how it is. If you ever want to get some rest without me having to leave, I left a key to my room in your pillow case. Sleep well, Commie!

xoxo Tom"

Did Tord seriously just get invited into Tom's room? He's got to still be asleep, this is nonsense.

Either way, he immediately turned off the TV and headed back to his room, and search through his pillow case.