Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself) ~ NRxReader

(A/N) Hey guys! So I'm aware that the last one was a bit painful, I'll admit I cried while writing it but I couldn't listen to the song without this idea coming up so I shared it with you guys. But I hope I can ease the pain I caused with a happier one where she is very much still alive. Enjoy!

Clint walks by me and I decide to finally talk to him about this thing that has been bothering me for a while now. "Hey, Clint?" He turns around to face me. "Yeah?" "Can I talk to you for a moment?" He nods and leads me to his room. "What's up, Y/L/N?" "Uhm, you know how Nat and I admitted to liking each other during Truth or Dare?" I carefully bring it up, not knowing what to expect his reaction to be like. "Yeah?" "Well, you see ever since that night Nat has been acting kind of weird towards me. I tried to talk to her about it but she kept changing the subject or just walked away and ignored me for the rest of the day or week..." He sighs while getting up to close his door, but not before checking if someone is there. "Alright, you have to promise me to never tell anyone what I'm about to tell you or it will be my head on the line. Got it?" I nod profusely. "I promise, I won't tell anyone." He nods and begins to tell me about things that have happened in Nat's past and what I hear is slowly starting to make me understand why she is acting the way she is. "So, she's kind of afraid of what she's feeling and doesn't know how to deal with it?" I check with him after he finishes explaining and he nods. "Now you better go talk to your girl, because if you don't, I'm pretty damn sure the two of you are heading to a dead end." He tells me and I quickly get up. "Thank you, Clint. I'll go to her right now." And with that I leave his room and make my way to our floor and her room.

I knock on the door, hoping she'll let me in. "Who is it?" I hear from the other side. "It's, uhm, it's me. Y/N." I hear some things shuffle before she tells me to come in. "Hey, I, uhm, I want to talk to you about, uhm, us, or well, where we could be an us if you'd like it." I watch her look away from me, focussing her attention to the floor near her closet instead. "Look, I, I don't want to push you but I would really appreciate it if there would be more clear to me and, I really hope you could just hear me out before, ya know, making up your mind about, uhm, us." I awkwardly scratch the back of my neck. Her gaze moves from the floor back to me and she nods before softly hitting a spot on her bed near her, indicating me to sit, which I do. "So I'll just get right into it and I promise to answer any questions you have afterwars. Okay, here it goes" I take a deep breath before starting the, I guess you could say speech, I prepared in the short amount of time. "Much as you blame yourself, you can't be blamed for the way that you feel. You had no example of a love that was even remotely real, so how can you understand something that you never had? If you'd let me, I could help you out with all of that."  She opens her mouth as I stop for a moment to take a breath as I just blurted out that entire sentence in one breath, but I raise my hand, letting her know I'm not finished yet. "Let me love you, and I will love you until you learn to love yourself. Let me love you, I know your trouble..." Her face changes to fear for a moment. "Don't be afraid, I can help. Let me love you, until you learn to love yourself. Let me love you. A heart of numbness get brought to life, I'll take you there. I can see the pain behind your eyes, it's been there for quite a while. I just want to be the one to remind you what it is to smile, I would like to show you what true love can really do." 

Nat's POV

Y/N has stopped talking but my mind is spiralling with what she said. "Let me love you, and I will love you until you learn to love yourself. Let me love you, I know your trouble... Don't be afraid, I can help. Let me love you, until you learn to love yourself. Let me love you. A heart of numbness get brought to life, I'll take you there." I simply look at her while she looks down with a blush of embarrasment spread across her face. "Let me love you, I know your trouble... Don't be afraid, I can help." Can she though? And how does she even know, I never told anyone aside from Clint. But he wouldn't tell, right? He knows better than that, he knows I'd come after his ass if he did...

Y/N's POV

It's been a while since I finished my rant and she hasn't spoken a word yet. I mean I know it's a lot to take in but... "Nat, can you please say something?" I ask in a whisper tone, not looking up yet. "How do you know?" Oh fuck, I can't talk myself out of this... "Uhm, I kind of forced Clint to tell me, or uhm, not really forced but I did beg and pout a lot... Please don't blame him, I was worried and since you wouldn't talk to me I went to him since he knows you better than anyone else in the Tower..." "Why do you want to help me?" "Because I really like you, Nat. I hate seeing you like this or hurt or, well, kinda just anything that isn't happy or smiling..." "Okay." I hear her whisper. "Really?" I dare to get my hopes up for a moment and can't help but feel happy. "Yeah, We can try, I guess. But you'll have to show me how all this works, because I..." She stops mid-sentence and looks away from me again with a sad look on her face. "Of course, I won't let you down." I promise with a smile from ear to ear on my face.