Chapter 31. Last game.

Comincia dall'inizio

"When did you get these dresses? And why so fancy?"
I questioned him.

"I hired a designer who creates clothing specifically for you. Any preferences or anything you want adjusted just let her know. As for the style, you are the hostess it is your job to look like it." He handed me a note book. It seemed to have many different numbers with all different people in there. From In-ho to the staff block areas to people I didn't even know where here.

Front man, ***
Diena (Fashon designer), ***
kitchen, ***
Peter (Doctor) ***
Security.***

Wait we have a doctor?... what the fuck.

I stood there questioning myself before lazily putting the book onto a side table.

"We're going to be late" I sighed. I knew it was going to be a slow and boring day. We were on our way to greet the guests.

The best part of all this was due to my arrival they were only here to meet me therefore they go home after this round. Well kind of. This round then a night of "partying" then they go home.

I think it was all a big waist of time but I didn't decide did I?

We entered an office type room, quite big but not as big as the rainforest retreat looking one. That's my favourite. I would comfortably hang out here if slobs weren't ruining the vibe check.

They were holding glasses with different drinks, by the sounds of their chatter it sounded as if they were slightly hung over. I had noticed there weren't as many caterers in the room, which would have been obvious.

"Good morning, hope everything was to your liking." I began. It startled some of them but they all eased as they turned around and saw me.

"It was fantastic. The food, the bed oh and liquor are all so divine" A VIP brought his hand to his lips and kissed the air, there were hums in agreement. It would have been nice it had stopped there but the obnoxious one had to speak up

"It would have been better with a few sluts!"
I shook my head keeping my inner rage to myself and continued to stand in line with the group, next to In-ho.

In this office type room a large window in the middle of it peered down at a courtyard area.

It had the Squid Game laid out. I never really understood it, I guess that's because I never really played it much as a kid. The VIPs asked a couple of questions about how it works and the front man answered. I'm glad he did, I would have stumbled over my words.

It got a little quiet for a little longer than 5 minutes. The VIPs seemed to be enjoying the show, at least that's what I thought. I was in my own world, dancing on clouds when I felt a hand start slithering around my waist. It was alarming as this hand was coming from my left and the frontman was on my right.

I slightly moved my head to glance at this bold bull and took a breath. Relax. 

I grabbed the gun I had in the dress pocket and pointed it firmly to the higher part of his thigh so as not to grab attention and make a giant fuss. His hand slightly shook and began retreating, I smile in satisfaction, satisfied that I could make men cower at my fingertips. Everything continued as normal but I had noticed In-ho began standing in between me and those men more often. I guess he saw.  

The handful of players that had survived up until this party wore suits. They looked kinda nasty as blood and sweat stained the white parts. They played for a solid 15 minutes before the offensive won, stabbing the opposing team. Not to anyone surprise, as soon as the last defensive player fell, the team quickly turned on each other.

"OH Ho Ohhh, did you SEE THAT!" They began to shout and cheer at the fight. Exciting themselves over the bloodshed. I took no interest in the fight. The game was all I was here for.

I rolled my eyes in relief when everything was done, Pinkie down in the courtyard escorted the winning woman back to the main room while I escorted the VIP's to the retreat room. As expected they began to drink and stayed up games of poker.

My eyeballs felt like they were sinking into my face as my eyebags were being pulled down by gravity. Just being around these men sucked all life out of me.

Mindlessly watching I was eventually invited to join the game, I couldn't deny so I agreed and we all sat in a circle around this table. The frontman served the cards and the game was on.

I think I would have enjoyed this game much more if the misogyny from breaded baffoon of a man kept his mouth shut.  It of 10 games I won 7. I guess I'm just that lucky...

No, I cheated.

For fuck sakes I own the man dishing the cards, what do you expect.

(1573 words)

I know the final game was supposed to happen almost immediately after the glass but... that's no fun

I know it seems like I glossed over a lot but I didn't really know what to write about. I'm at that stage where I know the start and end but the middle is missing. I didn't want there to be a long wait so I really hope you guys like this chap. if you want anything to happen just let me know and yada yada. I also wrote this chapter at like 3_4 in the morning because I couldn't sleep so....