CHAPTER 29

No one can reighn their shadow to stop following them

-Laviette Shaw-
«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

" Dear Y/N,
I have wrote this letter for weeks now, hoping it will never land in your hands. But, I know that this moment will come sooner or later.

I am beyond grateful we meet again, Y/N. You look happier now and more talkative compared to when we were just little.
I saw your lips smiling, laughing with me and even dancing on top of the stage, making me forget all the burdens there is.
Outside, you see me looking calm and composed but believe me, my heart pounds faster when I see you. This is the first time I felt this way to a woman. There's doubts of me hurting you, a fear of losing you.

I believe you are a strong woman who can endure your pain just to make one's day a little bit better. Do you remember that day when you gave a basket of flowers to a little girl? She gave those flowers to her mother who was ill. And the florist? He received money from you to fill his stomach that day. Y/N you are stronger than you think. Please promise you will keep being the strong woman I know.

Y/N, would you like to see me again? Sometimes I think of the past when we both were little. And... There is one more thing... I just realized this recently...
I have liked you for so long, or as people usually call it... Falling In love? I believe that is the correct phrase.
I have fallen for you but I never had the courage to say it out loud.

I truly hope we can meet again some other time. Dancing while our eyes met. Live well, Y/N. In a new and better world, live a normal and peaceful life.

With love,
William James Moriarty"

He confessed his feelings but all I can feel is sorrow. I thought this could make me smile again, having someone by myself, living a normal life.

" I have to go" I put the letter on the table. I buttoned my shirt and tied up half of my hair.

My feet were stepping outside the house and I can see nobles gathering, looking up to the sky.

"Had something happened?" I asked.

"A fire had occurred. Isn't that.. The Tower of London?!?" The man pointed North.

"What are we waiting for?!! Let's head there!" I asked them to run as fast as they can to reach the location.

They ran behind me while calling others around them to join.

"Ah! Ah! Buckets, we need buckets!" I yelled while I ran.

"We need to warn the ones on the slum!" I suggested.

"Huh?!! Nonsense! We can handle it ourselves. We don't need more burdens from those lowlife" One of them answered.

"Ck!" I seperated myself from them.

The fire that have gotten bigger can not be stopped alone. Why can't they think of that, huh?

The slums, London

I ran non-stopped for 5 minutes and finally arrived.

"Ah..ah, You have seen it right??" I said to some of the people that gathered in the hallway.

"The village next to us is also on fire!" One of them answered.

"Then we must move!" I tried to control my breathing.

"Hey... Aren't you..." The man on my left pointed at me.

"Yes! Can we discuss this later? We have more urgent matters to solve" I said.