decode

2 days later...
Y/n pov:

" i don't understand why you can't come with me. we can train together y/n cmonn" naruto whines dramatically draping his body over mines as we walk to ichiraku.
he's leaving to train with jiriaya in 2 days and really wants me to come with him this time, but i just can't. i have my own training to do and plus it's not like he's gonna be gone for years this time. i'll miss him of course but it's only temporary.

"i already told you i have my own training to do, don't think your the only person allowed to be strong. i have my own goals to accomplish " i say lowly making him sigh.

"i thought your goal was to be by my side when i'm hokage" naruto grumbles lifting himself off of me and looking down at me with a low look in his eyes, one i can't read which is so weird, it's almost scary.

"wow selfish much, that's ONE of my goals, i still wanna be an iconic kunoichi before anything. is that the only thing you remembered from back then about me" i laugh out likes it a joke, it wasn't though.

i love naruto and i like to think he loves me too. but sometimes i get little wake up calls like this where it's obvious naruto sees me as some sort of companion, sometimes i wonder if we're even friends or do i just force myself in his life, it feels like he only remembers the parts of my life that include him, he forgot the whole part of my introduction speech all those years ago but i still remember his, all of it, every word even though half of it was about ramen.

"y/nnn don't be like that, things just slip my mind ya know. i remember a lot of things" naruto reassures me with a boop on my nose. i wanna smile but i can't, i'm so insecure in everything and it's getting harder and harder to hide it, i just wanna go home.

"bullshit" i say forcing a smile and the smallest laugh.

" yeah it is to be honest, but who cares about the past y/n!! a guy like me is all about the present and the future!!!" naruto says starting out sheepishly but finishing his statement making a small sad smile come onto my face as we walk into ichiraku.

"oi teuchii!!! you know the order." naruto yells out with a goofy smile as we take our seats.

___________meanwhile___
3rd person pov:

"why are we going all this way for some girl to join our team. she's just gonna slow us down" a certain firey redhead girl says with extreme annoyance

"don't worry about losing your place karin, theres no one more useless than you."

"shut it suigetsu !!" she yells making the blue haired boy named suigetsu laugh and sasuke almost burst in annoyance.

"suigetsu don't argue with karin , karin stop talking" sasuke says in his usual monotone voice making the 2 drop their heads in disappointment with themselves and awkward silence take over

"so uh who's this girl anyway, since we're heading to the leaf village do you know her sasuke?" suigetsu ask breaking the silence.

" her name is y/n kujikawa , and yes i do know her"

"really how? i heard the kujikawa clan was slaughtered years ago well except the one with orochimaru , were you guys friends? your not really all that friendly so it's hard to imagine you friends with a girl" suigetsu says making sasuke shoot him a small glare before the smallest and quickest smile can make its way onto his face at the thought of y/n.

sasuke doesn't know what it is about y/n that can make him change so quickly, he's usually so nonchalant and quiet, never saying more words than needed. but with y/n, he could and would love to talk with her for hours , he could talk about her for hours, she was the in the least corniest sense the light of his life, sasuke doesn't regret a lot of things but one thing he does regret is kicking that light out of his life.