Chapter Thirty-Four: Straw Hat's Guardian!

"Wha-?"

Tsuna didn't even get to finish when Luffy angrily shout once more.

"GIVE ME BACK MY GUARDIAN!!!", Luffy demanded, the rest of the Straw Hat crew spilling out from behind him, all glaring at Tsuna and his Guardians determinedly.

~

With help from both Gokudera and Yamamoto, Tsuna got back up on his feet, rubbing his jaw as he narrowed his eyes at the Straw Hats.

"Your Guardian?", hissed the Decimo, "He is the Lightning Guardian of Vongola. What right do you have, to claim that he is yours?"

"Simple. I decided that Lambo is going to be a part of my crew.", Luffy states confidently with a proud grin, "And I won't leave without him."

"Don't you understand?", Chrome asks quietly, "He's not a part of your crew, nor will he ever be."

Kyoko nods in agreement, "He is perfectly safe and happy here with his famiglia."

"Yeah?", Nami scoffs, her words dripping in sarcasm, "Sorry if we don't take your word for it."

"I thought you had reached an agreement with Tsuna.", Mukuro raised a brow at the group, his lips held a smirk, but his eyes were cold as they stared down the pirates.

"And we thought you all were supposed to be Lambo's family.", Sanji shrugs eye narrowed and set determinedly.

"We are Lambo's Famiglia.", Yamamoto insisted, almost pleadingly.

"Doesn't look like it to us.", Zoro retorts, "With what we've seen? Some family you lot are."

"But why go so far for a stupid cow?", Ryohei asks, genuinely curious.

"It's because of comments like that we are willing to 'go so far'!", Ussop shouts back angrily.

And just like that, it fell into a stalemate. No one had anything else to say in that moment.

So, for a single whole minute, the entire room became silent, tensions quickly rising as the people could feel the intensity between the pirates and mafiosos' stares. The silence felt heavy and cold, Lambo can feel shivers running up and down his back from it. No one dare break it, for fear of starting something that cannot be stopped once it begun.

Lambo felt like he was watching a standoff he'd see in those old western stories. Each side twitching to draw first.

Tsuna's eyes narrowed further as a single word left his lips.

"Gokudera."

First draw.

The words barely left his lips before Gokudera leapt into action, his hands already reaching inside his jacket for his sticks of dynamite.

But Luffy was faster.

Another draw.

"Gum Gum...!", Luffy threw his foot back, stretching it all the way to the back of the room, almost hitting Nami and Ussop in the process, who both had screamed and managed to barely duck in time, as well as multiple of Vongola's guests, who all also managed to duck down in time, "Whip!"

And just like that, Luffy's entire leg whipped around the whole room, much to everyone's shock as they all screamed in fear and surprise. Must managed to duck in time, including Tsuna, his guardians, Reborn, Dino, Lambo, and the Straw Hats. The attack taking out some of the guests and most of Vongola's men, who had rushed out at the first sign of a commotion.

Luffy laughs at the many sprawled bodies, "Look guys, they flew like bowling pins!"

"ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US!?!?", shrieks Nami and Ussop with sharp teeth.