Chapter Thirty-Three: The Vongola Gala! The Straw Hat's Rage!

Author's Note:

*TRIGGER WARNING* Graphic scene of attempted suicide and mentions of self-harm. I will make it known before and after the scene if you wish to skip.

Heads Up, there is a lot of skipping around in this chapter. Hopefully I keep it coherent enough to understand and don't make it confusing. Anyway, Hope You Enjoy! This Chapter has been a long time coming.

..................................................................................................................................................................................

Lambo is not okay.

The moment he stepped out with Tsuna and the rest of Vongola's Guardians for all to see, a familiar twist in Lambo's stomach returned, filling the teen with dread as he stood stiff, focusing hard on not hyperventilating from all those people. All those eyes, he can feel them peering into him, freezing him in place, daring Lambo to disobey, cause a commotion, anything.

Thunderous applause erupted from the crowd at the sight of them, people either sitting at the circular tables scattered around the ballroom, many famiglia's crowding in only one or two, wanting to stick close, and the people filled up the empty space between the tables, standing close together with either champagne or wine glasses in hand. They were all cheering and clapping loudly.

It was no help at all. In fact, it only made Lambo feel worse, clenching and unclenching his sweaty palms into fists. Lambo's nails biting into the skin of his palms.

He thought he was okay. He thought that he was getting better, that he has managed to find stable ground to stand on, to face Tsuna head on. But apparently that's not the case.

It's still too soon for all of this to be happening at once. For Lambo to be dropped in a largely populated crowd of important mafia families, large and small, in Vongola.

Lambo can't handle it all.

He can't handle all the eyes. Staring at him, judging everything they've seen and heard about him. Expecting him to fail, mess up, anything. It's easy to hear the whispers that Lambo knows are about him. They're unavoidable after all, since he left so close to the day of the Gala. What's not so easy, is being able to decipher what the whispers are and hear what they're saying.

Nothing good no doubt.

Honestly, Lambo doesn't know what would be worst, knowing what's being said of him or remaining ignorant. Both are horrible and maddening in their own way. But Lambo just has to deal, no matter how much it makes him want to shrivel up and die, cursing himself as he does so.

Lambo blearily knows that Tsuna has been talking, he started a speech the moment Tsuna and all the Guardians were standing in place, visible to the entire room. Both because Lambo can't help but let his mind race and wonder as he struggles not to let his panic show.

His mind spirals as his eyes flickered all across the crowded room, unable to stay at one place for too long, ears ignorant of Tsuna's words, ringing loudly as his nails bit into the palm of his hands, resisting the urge to scratch at his wrists. Lambo is sure that he going to crumple any minute, his breathing is getting worse, despite his best efforts to even his breathing out.

The young teen honestly thought he was going to lose it, he thought he would pass out any second. He can't handle it all. It's Too Much!

Lambo froze.

It was just a flash, didn't last very long, but from the corner of Lambo's eyes, he saw it.

..................................................................................................................................................................................