Chapter 18: The Day After The Gathering - part 1

Darkpath's effect on the world effected the whole of Field colony. Dad walked up onto the tall rock. "Cats of Field colony gather around to hear my words." Dad announced as I walked over to join dad on the tall rock. The colony gathered beneath the tall rock for a meeting. "As you all know that there is going to be a attack on the colonies by the corrupted spirits and their leaders Darkpath and Cloudclaw. He already has Poppyfrost training under his control. We must be diligent in our patrols, Bramblestone you take three rangers with you and patrol our borders. If you find anything report back to me with your findings and Boulderpath you take three rangers with you and go on hunting patrol." Dad announced. "Yes Whiteclaw, will do." Boulderpath said. "And with that colony dismissed, Midnightfur could you join me in my den?" Dad asked me. "Yes dad." I said as I walked with dad into his den. "Sit down." Dad said as I sat down. "What did you want to talk about dad?" I asked. "I want you to spy on the corrupted spirits without being seen, the reason why I picked you was because of your dark-gray fur. You will be able to camouflage with your surroundings and gather intell from Darkpath." Dad said. "Yeah dad got it." I said as I walked out of the base and towards the entrance of the dark oak forest. I ascended down into the dark oak forest and rolled in the black goo helping me remain hidden. I made sure to step lightly so Darkpath or even Cloudclaw wouldn't hear me. I spotted Poppyfrost with Darkpath and Cloudclaw. "Now come at me Poppyfrost, with everything you got!" Darkpath yelled as Poppyfrost bounded towards Darkpath with every oz of anger in her body. "Very good Poppyfrost, but it will take more than that to take me down." Darkpath hissed while bounding towards my sister with claws unseathed but Poppyfrost got out of the way of Darkpath's claws. Volestep and Blackstripe appeared next to me. "Who's there?" I whispered. "Volestep and Blackstripe." Volestep whispered back. "Keep quiet and keep down your body, were not here to attack just to gather intell for my father." I whispered. "Of course Midnightfur." Blackstripe whispered as Volestep and she crouched down. We continued to watch the movements of Darkpath and Poppyfrost. We got enough intell to make a full report. Cloudclaw joined Darkpath and Poppyfrost in the clearing. "Poppyfrost did do good in her training session with me, Cloudclaw." Darkpath said to Cloudclaw. Do you want to train with the both of us Poppyfrost?" Cloudclaw asked.