Chapter 4: The Attack from River colony

The rain was finally letting up but it left the clearing muddy. Dad walked up onto the rock in the middle of the clearing. I walked onto the tall rock next to dad. "Cats of Field colony gather around the tall rock for a meeting." Dad announced. "River colony has been trespassing on our territory for way to long, so we must be ready for anything they try to do." Dad announced. "River colony attack!!!" Moonriver said. "This is unjustified Moonriver." Dad said knocking her off of him. Luckily oak colony is here to help us. Two of the river colony rangers launched themselves at me. It was Thistlepoppy and Pinethorn. They pinned me down on the ground and clawed at my ears, nose, and eyes. Swancover and Batripple tackled them off of me, massive flowers protected me from the onslow of the River colony cats. Moonriver knows that by doing this is going against the ancestors law. A flower is growing with the sweetest berries ever, it urged me to eat one. Thistlepoppy and Pinethorn left my ears tattered, I quietly mewwed. "Thanks." I said as the flowers parted a way for Swancover, Batripple, Ravenwind, Poppyfrost, and Cherry. The flower made room for the many cats in there protection. "Cherry could you get me some cobwebs to patch up her ears?" Poppyfrost asked her new claw. Cherry ran out of the protecting flowers and to the healers den to grab some cobweb. She ran back to my protecting flowers and gave the cobweb to Poppyfrost. She rapped the cobweb over my tattered ears to help them heal. "Thanks Poppyfrost and Cherry." I said. "Your welcome Midnightbreeze." Cherry said. "Try to sleep." Poppyfrost said. I closed my eyes with the flowers protecting me, they grew thorns on there stems. I felt vines growing under my head to function as a pillow. I opened my eyes to see a flower giving me the sweetest berries ever and it urged me to eat one. I opened my mouth and it put the berries in my mouth. I chewed the berries. I can hear the river colony cats retreating from inside the flowers. Dad walked into the flowers where I was. I opened my eyes to see my father and mom's spirit. "How are you feeling?" Dad asked. "My ears hurts after the battle with River colony." I said as my mother licked my between the ears to comfort me. "How about we get you to the rangers den so you can get some sleep." Dad said as he helped me up and brought me to the rangers den and I laid down on the moss. I feel asleep next to Batripple.