ꪻꫝ᥅ꫀꫀ

Jaemin continued to pace, his mind racing with the revelation that his entire life had been built on deception.

Jeno, perched on the kitchen counter, remained a steady presence, his eyes following Jaemin's agitated movements.

"Hey, I need you to take a deep breath," Jeno calmly suggested, attempting to anchor Jaemin in the midst of his turmoil.

" My whole life has been a lie. I need answers," Jaemin stressed, frustration evident in his voice.

The weight of the newfound information seemed almost unbearable for him, and Jeno couldn't help but feel a sense of urgency.

"I understand it's a lot to take in, but you have to keep it cool. If someone wanted your real family dead, then it's best we keep this investigation on the low," Jeno advised, aware of the potential danger lurking in the shadows.

While he had his own set of questions, he knew there was a time and place for everything.

"How about we go get ice cream?" Jeno suggested, aiming to provide a momentary escape from the overwhelming revelations.

"Oh, ice cream," Jaemin blurted, the idea of a sweet treat providing a welcome distraction.

They decided to head to the corner store down the street. Jaemin opted for a pint of chocolate ice cream, while Jeno went for the simplicity of vanilla.

With their frozen delights in hand, they strolled along the edge of the beach, the rhythmic sound of waves providing a calming backdrop.

"I wonder who that woman really is that I thought was my mom," Jaemin pondered aloud, his thoughts echoing the uncertainty of his identity.

"More than likely, she knows something," Jeno replied, his mind already formulating a plan to get the answers they both desperately sought.

   ========= 👑 =========

Johnny had dropped off Chenle and Renjun, so the only people left in the backseat of the car were Mark and Haechan. Mark would be lying if his heart wasn't beating out of his chest.

" So you must be Haechan ? " Johnny said, breaking the ice. He continued driving , focusing on the road.

" Yes, Sir," Haechan replied.

" You can just call me Johnny. There's no need to be formally. I'm not that old," He replied.

" He's a friend of my brother," Mark mentioned. He silently prayed that Johnny wouldn't embarrass him. " Oh, I didn't know you had a brother," Haechan says.

" Yeah, he would have scolded me and Jeno, so that's why I called Johnny," Mark said.

" Yeah, my brother acts the same. I'm pretty sure when I get home, he will be on me like a hawk," Haechan replied.

" Don't worry, Just explain the misunderstanding, and you should be cool unlike Mark's brother," Johnny continued.

Mark rolled his eyes. " Jaehyun scolds you too. Let's not forget."

Haechan couldn't help laugh at the two. They acted like brothers for sure. Mark swore he was hearing music to his ears.

Johnny pulled up in front of Haechans house, Mark walking him to the door while Johnny stood outside the car. Haechan knocked on the door, his brother opening the door in a swift second.

" Oh my gosh, you have company." Ten smiled.

" Yeah, Mark's brother's friend had picked us up early because Jeno and Jaemin got in a fight," Haechan explained.

" Oh well, that's fine, just making sure you're skipping class again," Ten replied.

" I stopped doing that a long time ago," He replied. " That's what you said when you'd wouldn't stop talking about M - " Haechan interjected real quick, pushing him back inside and closing the door.

" Anyways, thank you for the ride. See you tomorrow," Haechan said.

" No problem," Mark replied.

========= 👑 =========

They were back at Jaemin's place, and it was dark outside the moon, only shining light. " You staying the night or getting picked up ? " Jaemin asked.

There it was, that unspoken attraction to be near Jeno. He didn't want Jeno to leave not because he would be alone but simply because he enjoyed his company. 

" I can stay the night, but only if you don’t mind," Jeno answered.

" Okay, well, I know my mom has some extra clothes in her closet, so I can go get you some,  " Jaemin said going upstairs.

Jeno looked around at bit seeing pictures of Jaemin throughout his childhood then Jaemin had called him upstairs.

While Jeno was upstairs taking a shower Jaemin decided to cook something for dinner