a small crash was heard from the kitchen. "nancy, should i bring through the-"

"nope," the brunette replied instantly, hastily making her way back through to the kitchen. "i'll get them."

- 📻🪐🏹 -

MARCH 28TH, 1986
📍steve's house
23:47 PM

after several hours of pizza, games and laughter, it was time for tillie and eddie to leave.

groaning, eddie pulled himself up from the sofa, and began bidding goodbye to lucas and steve.

erica approached tillie, and the blonde brought the younger girl in for a small hug. "don't stop putting people in their place, okay?"

"i won't," erica replied as they pulled away from the embrace.

next, nancy came over to her and hugged her. "you've been through so much these past few days, and even more that i don't know about," the brunette said softly. "i'm really glad you're getting away. you deserve it."

"thanks, nance," tillie replied with a smile. she opened her mouth to say more, until she was tackled into a hug by robin.

"i can't believe you're leaving me with this dingus," she remarked, gesturing to steve. "i also can't believe we weren't friends before all this. i mean, what the fuck is up with that?"

"i know," tillie laughed, before lowering her tone, cautious of those around her. "listen to me though, rob. one day, the perfect girl will come along for you, when you're least expecting it, okay? and she will completely sweep you off your feet."

"i hope," robin smiled.

"good. and, don't be worried about people not accepting you. if they don't like you for who you are, then fuck them. they're missing out on a stron- say it with me.."

"strong, independent woman," they said together with a smile.

tillie turned her head and saw lucas stood near her awkwardly. though she knew him via his connection to the basketball team, the two of them had never talked properly. the other common ground between them was max, who was obviously a touchy subject right now.

"hey," she smiled. "you okay?"

"mhm," he nodded. "just been a rough couple of days. and i'm worried about, you know.."

"max?" she concluded. "listen to me, she's going to be okay. she's a fighter. she'll pull through."

"she better," the boy replied sadly. "cause i don't know how i'll cope if she doesn't."

"listen, me and eddie are always a phone call away if you need to talk, okay?" she told him. "steve has the number. feel free to call anytime, okay?"

"thanks, tillie," lucas smiled softly, nodding. "i didn't think you really liked me. because i'm on the team and stuff, and i know there was this issue between you and myles. they used to always talk about it but they never told me exactly what happened."

"that's a story for another day," she responded with a small shrug. "don't worry about it."

she reached into the back pocket of her jeans, pulling out an envelope addressed to max. it contained a note from her, and a bracelet, which she recalled max complimenting one time.