050.

MARCH 27TH, 1986
📍max's trailer
07:31 AM

"he showed me things that haven't happened yet," nancy told them hoarsely. "the most awful things. i saw a dark cloud spreading over hawkins. downtown on fire. dead soldiers. and this giant creature with.. a gaping mouth. and this creature wasn't alone. there were so many monsters. an army. and they were coming into hawkins. into our neighborhoods. our homes.."

nancy was telling them about everything she saw during the vision vecna gave her, as the rest of them sat and listened intently in max's living room. eddie and tillie were sat on the sofa opposite nancy, their hands conjoined as eddie moved his thumb back and forth over hers softly.

"and then, he showed me my mom. and holly. mike. and then, they.. they were all.." the brunette stopped herself as she sniffled.

"okay, but.. he's just trying to scare you, nance," steve replied. "right? i mean.. i mean, it's not real."

"not yet," nancy whispered. "but there.. there was something else. he showed me gates. four gates. spreading across hawkins. and these gates, they looked like the one outside of eddie's trailer but.. they didn't stop growing. and this wasn't the upside down hawkins. this was our hawkins. our home."

"four chimes," max stated, making them turn their attention to her. "vecna's clock. it always chimes four times. four exactly."

"yeah," tillie nodded. "i heard it. it was four."

"i heard them too," nancy replied.

"he's been telling us his plan this whole time," max told them.

"four kills," lucas realized. "four gates. end of the world."

"if that's true, he's only one kill away," dustin responded. "which is probably why he went for tillie so quickly. she was an easy target to finish everything off.."

"yeah, and i mean if it wasn't for eddie singi-" steve started, only to be cut off by eddie.

"shut up!" he hissed, punching the boy's shoulder. "i told you that would not go beyond the four of us."

"it was quite adorable, you have to admit.." robin added to the conversation.

"can you please tell us what you're going on about?" erica, lucas' younger sister, said. "otherwise, respectfully, shut your dumb asses up."

steve sighed, looking over at max and gesturing towards the phone. "try 'em again."

max went over to her phone and attempted to call the california group again, receiving no answer.

"anything?" dustin asked.

"no," the redhead shook her head. "rang a few times, then went to busy signal."

"maybe you punched it wrong," steve told her. "try again."

"i didn't punch it in wrong," max replied to him in annoyance.

"i think she knows how to use a phone," dustin said, as the girl tried the number again.

"i'm just saying, she could've typed it in wrong," steve said in defense, shrugging casually.

"same shit," max sighed, putting the phone down.

"how is that possible?" lucas asked.

"i told you, joyce has this telemarketer job," dustin informed the group. "she's always on the phone. mike won't stop whining about it."

"yeah, but this phone's been busy for, what, three days now?" max said in response. "that's not joyce. no way. something's wrong."

"she's right," nancy nodded along in agreement, standing up to look out of the window. "it can't just be a coincidence. it can't be. whatever's happening in lenora is connected to all of this. i'm sure of it. but vecna can't hurt them. not if he's dead.."