011.

FEBRUARY 7TH, 1986
📍hawkins high school
14:59 PM

"tillie! tillie!"

matilda turned around, seeing her twin weaving through the crowd hollering at her.

things had been a little awkward between them since the previous night, and so they hadn't spoken much. tillie had also avoided the fellow blonde since the incident that morning, in worry of what she would say.

but, there was no escape this time. she turned around to look at her twin. "hey, chrissy."

"hey, i've been looking for you all day!" chrissy exclaimed. "i couldn't believe it when jason told me. and i can't believe you got a detention for it!"

"if the police didn't believe me, why would principal higgins?" matilda queried. "and, it's not like i could blame my mental health, or anything. all he'd do is schedule a meeting with the counselor right after my detention."

"is that where you're heading now?"

"yeah, you're going to have to ask jason to drive you home," tillie told her.

chrissy nodded, crossing her arms over her chest as they headed to miss hayfield's classroom. "tils, maybe a counselor would help you. i mean, last night.."

"can we not talk about last night, please?" tillie hissed. "i mean, really, i just want to forget it."

"tillie.."

"please, chrissy. just drop it," matilda pleaded, looking her twin in the eye. "i'll get through it."

chrissy swallowed, deciding to change the subject. "mother is going to kill you, you know."

"i know," tillie groaned, thankful for the conversation change. "i don't regret it one bit though. i wish i punched him harder, honestly."

chrissy rolled her eyes. "you seem a bit more cheery, at least."

"yeah, well, i guess it helped me release my anger a little," tillie explained with a shrug. "obviously, i'm not over what he did but—"

"but it helped," chrissy finished for her with a smile. the two girls reached mrs hayfield's classroom, and chrissy turned to look at her sister. "your detention's an hour?"

"yep," tillie nodded, looking into the classroom and noticing eddie wasn't there yet.

the other blonde furrowed her brows, following her twin's eyeline. "looking for someone?"

"oh, no," tillie denied, shaking her head gently. "no, i just, better get in there before she extends it an extra thirty minutes."

chrissy nodded in understanding. "right, well, i'll see you at home."

"bye," tillie said, entering the classroom.

chrissy turned on her feet and headed to meet her boyfriend so he could drop her off home, passing eddie munson in the corridors. he seemed to be heading straight in the direction of mrs hayfield's classroom, leading the girl to be confused.

she knew something had been going on between her sister and the munson boy since that day last week when she saw them quarreling on the field. and since that afternoon, tillie had been even more of an emotional mess than usual.

she thought maybe they were in a relationship, and that the argument they'd had was them breaking up. it wouldn't be the first relationship matilda had hidden from her.