020.

FEBRUARY 28TH, 1986
📍jason's house
18:26 PM

he stood in the kitchen, sipping on a bottle of beer, unsure of why he even came to this goddamn party in the first place.

then the reason he did come walked through the door, making his heart skip a beat. she was clad in an emerald green dress, her hair in curls and her makeup natural and dark. god, did she look beautiful.

her eyes seemed to scan the crowd for someone, before they landed on him. she sent him a small smile, and he reciprocated the action, before jason took her attention from him.

"hey, babe," the blonde boy said to chrissy, kissing her cheek. "you look hot."

"thanks, babe," chrissy replied with a grin.

his eyes fell on matilda. "didn't realize you'd be coming," he sneered.

"oh, i apologize for my presence," tillie told him, before she turned to chrissy. "i'm going to go get a drink."

she headed over to the kitchen, bumping into someone on the way. "shit, sorry—" she started, before realizing who it was.

"no worries, gorgeous," he told her, eyeing her body up and down. "nice dress. do i get to rip it off you again?"

she rolled her eyes and shoved past him, her heels adding extra height which was useful.

"that wasn't a no!" myles hollered after her.

you can't take no as an answer anyways, matilda thought, reaching the kitchen island and helping herself go a cup of punch.

she took a few sips of the sour drink, leaning up against the kitchen counter, before someone joined her.

"where have you been all my life?" a tall, tanned boy asked her. "shit, i said that out loud. sorry, you're just the most beautiful thing i've ever laid eyes on."

matilda let out a small huff, a mix of amusement and shock, tucking her hair behind her ear. a very attractive boy had just complimented her, and the only other boy she could think who did that was eddie.

but eddie was different, as his was all in a friendly way, obviously. this stranger was clearly flirting with her.

"don't stress it," she told him with a grin.

"i'm jonah," he replied with a cheeky smirk.

"matilda."

"matilda," he repeated. "can i call you.. mattie?"

"oh, no," she answered with a small shake of the head. "you know, i'm not really a nickname person."

"you know, you're a really hot person," jonah said with a smirk.

"if you're hoping to flatter me into sleeping with you by the end of the night," tillie started, taking a sip of her drink. "it's not going to work. i promise you that."

"noted," he said, a slight annoyance to his tone. "well, do you have a boyfriend?"

"why does it concern you?"