059.

MARCH 28TH, 1986
📍steve's house
19:01 PM

"okay, tie your hair back," robin told her. "i'm talking no front pieces, no little curls sticking out. you need to look bald."

"got it," tillie responded, brushing her hair back as slickly as possible.

robin and steve were helping her disguise herself as much as possible so she could go visit chrissy's grave, and then go to her house and get everything she needed.

steve returned from his room with another pair of sunglasses, sliding them on tillie's face. "oh, these are the ones."

"definitely," robin nodded in agreement.

tillie looked up at herself in the mirror. "oh my god, they look terrible."

"exactly," robin commented. "no one will want to look at you or your shitty sunglasses."

"hey!" steve exclaimed, running a hand through his hair. "don't do my sunglasses like that."

"do you think we should add a hat?" robin asked steve, holding up one of her caps.

"hm.." steve wondered.

tillie raised her hand in the air. "i say no. one, because i hate hats. and two, won't it seem too obvious that i'm wearing a disguise? i mean, i already have baggy clothes, my hood will be up, my hair back, sunglasses. won't it be a bit of a blatant disguise?"

steve glanced at robin. "i mean, she has a point."

"yeah," the girl nodded, throwing the hat behind her carelessly. "no hat."

steve walked and grabbed her eddie's hoodie from the arm of the sofa, which thankfully had been washed for her. he threw it towards the blonde, who pulled it on.

she pulled the hood over her head, tucking her hair into it. "how do i look?"

"ridiculous," steve told her.

"which is perfect," robin smiled. "no one will suspect a thing."

"you ready to go then?" steve asked, collecting his keys from the table.

looking at herself in the mirror one more time, tillie nodded. "yeah, let's go."

- 📻🪐🏹 -

MARCH 28TH, 1986
📍hawkins cemetery
19:24 PM

"thanks, steve," tillie told him, getting out of the car. "i promise i'll be quick."

"it's fine," steve replied. "take your time."

tillie smiled at the boy, before getting out of the car and heading to chrissy's grave.

she was in one of the newer graves, only being buried three days ago, and so had no tombstone yet. though it was marked which was hers and tillie found it easily.

thankfully, there was no one around. perhaps because of the time of day, or perhaps because of the mass panic about the cracks in the ground. tillie smiled, seeing the piles of flowers and messages circling her grave and took a seat on the grass.

she inhaled shakily, already feeling tears forming in her eyes. "you know, i never thought we'd be in this situation. i always imagined that it would be the other way around. that i would die long before you. i'm so sorry it didn't turn out that way."

she paused for a short moment. "i wish things were different with me. i wish i didn't close myself off like i did, i wish i spent more time with you. i wish i told you how much you meant to me, how much i adored you. it's my biggest regret. if i had known that the last time i saw you would be the last time i saw you, believe me, i would've done so much more."