052.

MARCH 27TH, 1986
📍some random field
13:57 PM

they'd parked the rv in a field in the middle of nowhere, and spent their time preparing their weapons for the battle later that day.

tillie looked over at eddie and dustin, watching them happily play fighting, huge grins on both of their faces. smiling herself, she turned back to erica and max who were waiting for her.

"can you stop staring at your boyfriend and show us how this is done?" erica sassed, holding up one of the spears she and lucas had made.

tillie sighed. "i don't know how you think i'm going to be much help, but sure."

"steve said you're good at fighting," max replied. "apparently, you fought off those bats and vecna pretty well."

"i mean, i guess," tillie nodded. "but i don't know exact techniques. i was a ballerina for basically fifteen years, so i have the swiftness and the stamina needed but that's literally it. the rest i just wing, to be honest with you," she told them.

she began showing them some different moves and kicks and how they can incorporate the weapons into them. whilst the plan wasn't for the young girls to actually come into the upside down, it was good that they knew some fighting methods in case vecna or someone else got them and they need to defend themselves.

turning his head, eddie began watching tillie practice with erica and max, a smile present on his face.

"dude, you're so whipped for her," dustin laughed.

"don't i know it, henderson?" eddie replied, his hands on his hips. "i'm her little bitch. i would do absolutely anything for her."

"yet you won't tell her how you feel," dustin stated smugly. "weird."

"it's a work in progress, alright, man?" the older boy hissed. "i need to figure out the perfect time."

"well, considering you're about to go fight a bunch of murderous bats and she's going to try and kill a dark wizard, maybe you think about doing it soon, just in case something goes wrong."

eddie huffed, running his hand through his hair. "you know, it would be so much easier if girls could just admit their feelings first? why is it always up to the guy? if i had the reassurance of knowing she reciprocated my feelings, believe me, i would be able talk for hours about how much i like her."

"suzie told me she liked me first," dustin shrugged. "just saying."

-- 📻🪐🏹 -

MARCH 27TH, 1986
📍some random field
15:38 PM

"hey, guys? can we regather so we can see the update on weapons and evaluate the plan?" steve called them over.

tillie opened her hand and gestured for max and erica to throw their spears to her so she could take them back, catching them with a smile as she started to walk back to the rv.

"i'm doing it now, henderson," eddie told him, taking their makeshift shields back. "i'm going to tell her."

"atta boy," dustin laughed, lifting his arm so they could do their usual handshake. "you're going to kill it. go for it, man."

eddie nodded, patting the younger boy's back. "see you in a bit," he smiled, running over to the girl and calling her name. "mattie?"

"hm?" she asked turning around to see him. "oh, hey.."

"hi," he replied. "uh, can.. can we talk? like, somewhere more private?"

"sure," she nodded, holding up her spears. "let's just go take these back, yeah?"