The Hounds of the Baskerville Part Two

Start from the beginning

Zyair snorts in disbelief and amusement "Nice try." he tells him. "Look, we were just trying to give things a bit of a boost, you know? A great big dog run wild up on the moor, it was heaven-sent. It was like us having our own Loch Ness Monster." Gary explains. "Where do you keep it?" Lestrade asks. "There's an old mineshaft. It's not too far. It was all right there." Gary responds. "'Was'?" Sherlock asks. Gary sighs "We couldn't control the bloody thing. It was vicious. And then, a month ago, Billy took him to the vet and, er... you know." he says. "It's dead?" John asks. "Put down." Gary says sadly. "Yeah. No choice. So it's over." Barry nods. "It was just a joke, you know?" Gary tries to defend. "Yeah, hilarious! You've nearly driven a man out of his mind." Lestrade tells them angrily, standing up and walking out the room. John, Zyair and Mattheo follow, Sherlock checking John's cup before following himself. Zyair and Mattheo walk away from John and Lestrade slightly "Sorry about you being dragged into this." Zyair tells his boyfriend. "Hey, it's alright. I'm enjoying it if anything, it's interesting." Mattheo smiles straightening Zyair's beanie. "So, you believe him about having the dog destroyed?" Lestrade asks as Sherlock walks out. "No reason not to." Sherlock says. "Well, hopefully there's no harm done. Not quite sure what I'd charge him with anyway. I'll have a word with the local Force. Right, that's that, then. Catch you later. I'm enjoying this! It's nice to get London out of your lungs! Nice to meet you Mattheo." Lestrade smiles, walking off.

"So that was their dog that people saw out on the moor?" John asks. "Looks like it." Zyair responds. "But that wasn't what you two saw. That wasn't just an ordinary dog." John tells them. "No. It was immense, had burning red eyes and it was glowing, John. Its whole body was glowing." Sherlock responds, shuddering at the memory. Zyair clenches his jaw making Mattheo grab his hand and squeeze it gently, making him smile in reassurance as his dad walks to the car park "I've got a theory but I need to get back into Baskerville to test it." Sherlock tells them. "How? Can't pull off the ID trick again." John tells him. "Might not have to." Sherlock responds, pulling out his phone as the two teens follow "Hello, brother dear. How are you?" he asks insincerely. Zyair chuckles slightly, getting in the back of the car with Mattheo "Welcome top the madness that is my family." he tells his boyfriend.

They pull up outside the gates and an armed security man goes over to Sherlock's side while the dog handler and sniffer dog also approach "Afternoon, sir. If you could turn the engine off." he tells Sherlock. He hands over his ID pass and switches the car off "Thank you." the security nods. The security goes over to the gate room to swipe the card while the other soldiers check the vehicle over from the outside "I need to see Major Barrymore as soon as we get inside." Sherlock tells John and the two teens. "Right." John nod. "Which means you'll have to start the search for the hound. Zyair and Mattheo are coming with me." Sherlock tells him. "Okay." John nods again. "In the labs; Stapleton's first." Sherlock says. The guard brings back the ID card and hands it back over "Could be dangerous." Sherlock whispers to John, the gate sliding open as Sherlock starts the car and drives onto the base.

Zyair stands to the side with Mattheo as his dad talks to Major Barrymore "Oh, you know I'd love to. I'd love to give you unlimited access to this place. Why not?!" Barrymore asks sarcastically. "It's a simple enough request, Major." Sherlock tells him. "I've never heard of anything so bizarre." Barrymore retorts. "You're to give me twenty-four hours. It's what I've... negotiated." Sherlock tells the Major. "Not a second more. I may have to comply with this order but I don't have to like it." Barrymore tells them. The Major swings round to his computer on the desk behind him as Sherlock starts to leave the office "I don't know what you expect to find here anyway." he tells them. "Perhaps the truth." Zyair pipes up. "About what? Oh, I see. The big coat should have told me. Especially the two teens hanging around. You're some of the conspiracy lot, aren't you? Well, then, go ahead, seek them out: the monsters, the death rays, the aliens." Barrymore tells them sarcastically, making Sherlock and Zyair roll their eyes. "Have you got any of those?" Sherlock asks nonchalantly. Barrymore rolls his eyes this time "Oh, just wondering." Zyair smiles sarcastically. "A couple. Crash landed here in the sixties. We call them Abbott and Costello. Good luck, Mr Holmes." Barrymore tells them.