TWENTY-EIGHT

Regina Cueva

Deserted Island

Tuesday, November 13' 2018

"Mom! Mom! Let her go now!" Lorenzo screamed out in anger as they dragged us on the white sand, "It's okay baby. I'm fine." I gasped when I was shoved on the sand as the helicopter floated above us, a strong sandy wind picked up when the helicopter landed a few meters away from us.

I placed my hands before my face as my hair blew with the wind and looked away.

I was lost.

If the real La Mantra was dead and had nothing to do with my kids being kidnapped, who was behind all of this? It's clearly not Luca, it's someone else, someone who knew me and Lorenzo very well.

With everything going on, I never really had the chance to put the pieces together. Like, how it all started after my mother's kidnapping. The familiar voice of the person who talked to my dad on the phone.

After that, Lorena and Loran got kidnapped.

He was the one who helped me and found the truck that was used to kidnap them. He was the one who took me to Luca. Moreover, Luca was the one who mentioned La Mantra and his club. Luca hated Lorenzo. Hank hated Lorenzo. Luca and Hank worked together.

They made us believe that La Mantra had our kids, making us waste our time trying to figure out a way to get them back while Hank had them all along.

The door of the helicopter got open and 'La Mantra' came out, he had a cowboy hat on, a loose black button up shirt which showed his hairy chest and some tight jeans with brown leather shoes. "Regina." He tilted his head up and I pinned my lips together with a shook of a head, the puzzle pieces finally came together.

It was Hank all along.

"How could you do this to me, Hank? You had me searching heaven and earth for my kids, you knew how hurt I was and yet, you didn't care." I yelled as I charged at him but was soon held back. "Gina, you know this is not between you and me, it's between me and Lorenzo." He spoke sadly, shaking his head at me with a sigh.

"Fuck you!" I spat out at him, "You speak so badly about Lorenzo but you're even worse. All those kids, dead." I agonized, "You are a monster, at least Lorenzo has standards, you have none." I lashed out at him.

"This hurts, Gina." He spoke slyly, touching his heart, "We can end this madness once and for all, dear. You have nowhere to go. Now that you know who was behind your suffering, everything can go back to normal." He spoke so calmly, as if I'd just agree to it.

"It will never be normal again, Hank. You are a psychopath! An impulsive, manipulative, lying piece of shit! You sold my daughter!" I barked out. "Mom!" Lorenzo shouted as Hank hit me hard on my face and grabbed my chin, "I'm done playing nice, Gina. You will be mine, my bride, my wife." He yanked me forward and kissed me forcefully, groaning when I bit down his bottom lip.

"Bitch!" He lifted his hand again to hit me but stopped midway, turning it into fist and leaning it down with a deep sigh. "I wouldn't want your pretty face to be all bruised up before the wedding. Take her away." He ordered his men.

"Mom!" Lorenzo Jr. shouted desperately. "Enzo!" I called back as we stretched our arms out and my fingers managed to touch his before we were separated, "Hank! Hank! You son of a bitch. I will kill you." I yelled, struggling against the two men holding me as they dragged me back into the woods but in a different direction.

It was clear that they made me come here, knowing very well that it was a deserted island with no escape route.

A house came into the view as I struggled to get away, "Let go! We're already here, no need to grab my arm like that." I managed to yank myself away and glared at the men as we walked up the stairs.