CHAPTER EIGHT

Regina Cueva

Rosewood, Franchia

I sat on the balcony of my new room, just watching the sunset as I thought about everything that happened with Lorenzo Jr and Lorena. The family I tried so hard to hold together was slowly falling apart.

I took a deep breath as I leaned my head against the seat. Staying here meant seeing Lorenzo showing his true colors and I wasn't prepared for that. It felt like one minute we were close and the other we were falling apart.

We were the toxic ones in our kids' lives.

I pulled my cardigan closer to my body as I stood up, running my cold hands down my jeans - I made my way back inside. Locking the doors, I headed into the bathroom to take a warm bath. Trying to at least, take my mind off everything that happened today.

I still couldn't believe that my daughter tried to kill herself. Taking off my clothes, I stepped into the steamy water - the warm water cocooning my whole body as I leaned my head against the tub, recalling what happened a few minutes ago.

"Why are you doing this to your mother?" Lorenzo asked her concerned and I stopped at that, hiding behind the door. "I'm talking to you Lorena." he stared at her calmly while his hand lifted her chin so that they could see each other's faces.

"Are you defending her now?" She gritted through her teeth as she looked away.

"I am not defending your mother. You are being unfair. I am the one to blame. She had no choice. I didn't want her to tell you and your brother that I was in prison." Lorenzo said as he took the blame.

He brushed her curls behind her ear, touching her cheek, "I will never forgive her." Lorena yanked his hand away from her face as she stood up from the bed, "She tried to be this super woman, hiding her pain with work, and just forgot about us! She only cared about her pain, about how she felt but what about us? We were left alone! Alone! I hate her dad! I hate her." She continued.

I closed my eyes as tears streamed down my face, with my back against the wall - I slid down the cold floor. I got out of the now cold water and wrapped myself in a towel - strolling out of the bathroom to the closet to get dressed, "I talked to Lorena." Lorenzo said as he touched my bed, lifting his head up to stare at me.

He was shirtless and his facial hair was gone, the long wavy hair he had grown from all those years he spent in prison done in a man bun. Why was he here? My daughter started hating me because of him, because of the pain he caused me.

"Care to explain why you're in my room? I decided to move out so you could have your space and I could have mine, but here you are bothering me once again, what do you want Lorenzo?" I crossed my arms as I leaned against the bed. "I really can't do this right now." I shook my head as I pushed away from the bed and headed towards the walk-in closet. "Gina! I just came here to tell you that I talked to Lorena. I just wanted to talk about our daughter." He replied as I came out dressed in my pajamas.

"Why? I already know why she hates me. I don't have time for this. I have made the biggest mistake I could and now I'm paying the price. I let you control me, I let you manipulate me, and I let you use me." I sniffed, wiping my cheeks roughly, "Never again! Never." I said firmly.

"You have the right to be angry and you have the right to hate me. I get it, but you can't get rid of me." He left no space for argument. I stepped away when he tried to touch me and looked away, "I know this is your house, right? Everything I thought I owned, it's all yours." I drawled back sarcastically as I folded my arms.