CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Regina Cueva

I paced back and forth with a hand on my hip, and the other one tangled in my hair, "I can't believe it, this has gone way too far. What have I done wrong? I can't say we because you haven't been a part of their lives! I guess that's where things went wrong. I am trying to hold this family together, but it seems nothing is working. This is all your fault."

I blamed Lorenzo and pushed him on his chest repeatedly, slapping and kicking him as I screamed out in frustration. "I can't believe, I let you fool me like this! How could I be so blind? You lied to me and told me all those things I wanted to hear, and I fell for it just like the stupid naïve girl I was." I slumped down as I touched my face, my fingers brushing my hair back.

Regina Rodríguez

Rosewood, Franchia

Monday, December 31' 2001

It was New Year's Eve.

A special gala was hosted for all the people in the business industry. It was a very big and special party, hosted every year. I worked for my father for five years, but I never got an invitation, so I was surprised when I opened my mailbox and found the golden invitation.

I wanted to look my best, I was new to this, and I wanted to make a name for myself. This time I came for me and not for my father. I wore my hair up in a high ponytail, my curly hair, now straight as it cascaded down my back. On my hourglass figure, a spaghetti strapped rose gold sequin mermaid gown graced my body.

I was going to make a statement tonight.

The party was held at The Franchia Hotel, one of the best hotels in Rosewood. I was excited yet nervous, so I drank a glass of whiskey before calling my uber. I stepped out of my apartment and frowned when I didn't find the uber outside, the cold wind brushing against my face as a loud clippity-clop trotting of a horse filled my ears.

Soon, a horse carriage appeared and I gaped my mouth, my feet slowly making its way towards Lorenzo who stepped out of it, "You said nothing fancy, right?" He flashed his billion dollar smile at me as he got down.

I scoffed in disbelieve, shaking my head at him.

He was crazy. "Ready to leave?" He inquired with charm as he flashed me a wink.

I rolled my eyes at his cockiness but couldn't help but smile from ear to ear as he hooked his arm around mine, leading me towards the carriage, "You look beautiful, cómo toda una princesa." He complemented caringly.

I looked around amazed as we rode through the streets of Rosewood, it was a whole different view as compared to when you're riding in your car.

I looked like a kid in a candy store.

The lights reflected in my eyes as I looked at my surroundings in astonishment. "It's so beautiful." I gasped in amazement.

He brushed my face and I turned to look at him, "Not as beautiful as you are." He complimented again as he ran his thumb across my lips and my eyes fluttered close.

I squeezed his thigh, while his warm breath fanned my lips as I tried hard to contain myself, "You have a positive score at last." I muttered between my lips with closed eyes, "Yes? Is that so?" He inquired eagerly.

Lorenzo shifted his eyes around as he stared at me and with my other hand on his chest, I stared back. Suddenly, fireworks started to explode in the sky, and I pulled away from him.

"Did you do this?" I asked as I stared at the fireworks in amaze, the colors were so pretty.

It was something I had never seen before. "Maybe, maybe not." He smiled at me, and I knew that this was his doing. "It's so beautiful." I said with excitement.