CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Regina Cueva

I took a deep breath, tired and exhausted from all of this. I just wanted to go far away for a few hours and think, just think, "I'm sorry for interrupting." Orlando said as I nodded my head with a sigh. "Let's talk business." I replied shortly and walked around my desk as I sat down on my chair, rolling forward, "Yes, sure." He gave me a small smile and I knew that he wanted to say something about what he saw but instead chose not to.

We stayed in my office for a few hours discussing designs, new ideas and new plans for the month of December, "I want new designs and new ideas by the end of the year, I want to start fresh in 2019." I said at the end of our discussion.

After we finished, I walked with him towards the door as we continued to talk about some architects we just employed, "I didn't want to say anything, but I can't help it. Are you really going back to him? After everything he did to you, to your kids." Orlando spoke in disbelief, and I let out an irritated sigh.

I knew that it was a mistake getting involved with him and I shouldn't even be messing around with someone from work.

"I don't want to talk about my private life with you, Orlando. I'm sorry, but I'm fucked up. I'm tired, I'm exhausted and don't want people to talk about my life as if they have a say in it. I don't want to be mean or anything but we're just good co-workers and you work for me. I don't have to tell you anything and please, don't ask about my life as if we're buddies. The kiss was out of line, and I don't want you thinking that something can happen between us or that I have feelings for you."

"I won't lie, at some point I thought I did but I guess I was just lonely and going through a very tough time. I'm sorry." I explained blatantly. I knew that I was being way too rough and mean, but I had to. I didn't want him thinking that he could have a say in my life just because we kissed.

Orlando nodded his head repeatedly with pinned lips as he walked out of my office. I sighed, closing my eyes as I leaned my head against the door. I couldn't catch a break for pit sakes! I took off my heels as I made my way towards the big window, my feet brushing against the soft carpet. I turned the chair around and sat down, staring out of the window.

"Patrick, can you put my car in the garage?" I called through the intercom, knowing that Lorenzo will come look for me and I didn't want to face him right now. "Of course, boss."

The clock ticked by as the hours passed, the room turned dark as everyone left the building. I stayed the night at the office, for some reason – I didn't want to leave. I wanted peace, I wanted time to think, I wanted to be alone and reflect on my life. I brushed my hand over my stomach, flat yet it had something growing inside me.

It took me back to the time I got pregnant with Lorenzo Jr. and Lorena. A baby boy and a baby girl loved by Lorenzo a lot. He had so much love for the twins that I couldn't help but want more kids with him.

I remember dreaming about a big family with Lorenzo. I had everything made up in my head, and then, the DEA popped up and ruined this big old dream I had, before it could become a reality. After everything he put me through, I still visited him when he asked me to.

He was allowed a conjugal visit, of course him being in the cartel, got him some special treatments. He wasn't supposed to get it, but he did. I went to visit him, thinking that I had strong hate feelings for him but that was a lie, I was a fool to think so, and more for letting him have me without protection.

Then Loran came along, at first, I was mad at Lorenzo and then at myself for being so naïve, for letting him use me because that's what he did, he used me. He got what he wanted and then I left, I was just there for his needs, nothing more.