At first Hale doesn't seem to notice, until eventually, those silvery eyes drift upward.

His entire body stiffens. Perfect.

One moment, he's looking at me normally, as he usually does with that sweet, content gaze. Now, something shifts, an almost animalistic look of desire passing over his eyes.

"Vaela," he murmurs lowly, so much hidden intention behind the simple uttering of my name.

I smile wickedly, trying not to let him see how much he affects me already, as he slowly places his book on the nightstand. Instead, I allow confidence to spread through my body as his attention drifts down my body, drinking in the sight of my naked state.

"I'm feeling a lot better now," I tell him, drawing my fingers up over the curve of my waist.

The darkness in his eyes is both thrilling and frightening. "Come here."

Slowly, I stalk toward him, taking my time in my approach, although I don't think I'm going to have any trouble seducing Hale. He wants me as desperately as I want him.

"Is this the time when you deny me because you think I'm still sick?" I ask playfully, standing between Hale's legs as he sits on the edge of the bed.

He rests his hands on my waist. "If you insist on feeling good, then I don't think there is any reason why we should have to wait."

I smile. Finally.

Leaning, forward I gently press my lips to his. I can feel the tension buzzing between us, neither of us wanting to launch into anything too fast.

However, the way Hale is gripping my waist as our kiss deepens suggests he's at his breaking point.

"I've been waiting to have you for a long time, Vaela. I hope you don't expect me to hold back," he murmurs against my lips.

Holding either sides of his face, I pull back to look into his eyes. "I've imagined you taking me against every surface in this stupid cave from the moment I walked in here. If you hold yourself back, we are going to have a serious problem."

Hale pauses, the slightest smirk touching his lips.

And then, he practically pounces on me.

Gripping my waist, he flips me around until my back hits the bed. I barely have time to get my breath back before Hale is kissing me with a renewed passion that I can hardly keep up with.

I hardly know what to do with myself, drawing my hands down the smooth expanse of his back, feeling his pulling at my hips, pressing them against his until I can feel exactly how desperate he is for me too.

I'm sure he will make love to me later. For the rest of our lives, even, but right, both of us have waited too long to take it slow.

His mouth is suddenly on my neck, biting and kissing to the point my vision starts to go fuzzy. All I can do is hold onto him, until I'm pushing at the waistband of his pants, desperate to get them off.

Hale suddenly starts his descent down my body, until I grab his arms, shaking my head. "I don't want to wait, I want you inside me right now."

He simply stares at me for a torturously long moment, our rushed breath mingling, before he slowly shakes his head.

"You're going to take what I give you. Okay?"

All I can do is nod numbly as he holds my gaze, all the way up until he is between my legs, and his mouth touches my centre.

My eyes roll back as pleasure shocks its way through my system.

Hale is unrelenting, moving his tongue against me with sweeping strokes, and when my hips lift off the bed, unable to contain my pleasure, his strong hands pin my hips down.