Chapter 40; The Story Behind Her Pain

Start from the beginning

Nakatingin lang ako sa mukha niyang bakas ang lungkot ng isang ama.

"That night... she was shot in her head.." hindi naman bago ang narinig ko. I had even seen that scenario literally but I just didn't expect it from Louie.

Siguro if I were to watch my face in the mirror makikita kong tanging pagnanais lang na maging rason para makalimutan nya ang lahat ng ito.

"When we arrived in the hospital, everyone were telling us.. there was no way we can save her from that gunshot.." ibinaling ni Tito ang mukha niya sa sahig

I guess that's the nature of man. No man will want anyone to see his true emotion.

"But our prayers was been heard.. our daughter made it. The operation went really well" He added

"Who did the operation, Sir?" I asked curiously. Tito said everyone were telling them that she has no chance. Ngayon pa ba ako magho-hold back. I really wanna know her past.

Tumingin lang si Tito Jd kung nasaan si Tita Trinity and Louie.

"She saved our daughter from that tragic.." nakangiting sagot ni Tito Jd

Pero ako. I'm really astonish to know it. Oo, Louie mentioned that to me, Tita Trinity was a doctor way back, kaya naman hindi na ako nagtaka ng sabihin ni Tita sa mga nurse na doctor siya but the fact that she put her daughters' life in her own hands is superior.

I can't imagine someone will do that not knowing if she can save her daughter or not.

Now I am really looking up to her.

"How long did it took for her to recover, Sir?" Tanong ko.

"It took more than a month... we went to the US for her fast recovery and for her safety as well" Part of the story makes me wanting more to know her past.

"What do you mean, Sir?" I asked

"Someone is after us.. Someone want to kill our daughter." sagot ni Tito Jd but I can't still get it.

"That's why that bastard ran away and left her to save his own life?!!" Tsk. Bwisit why do I feel this kind of sh*t.

My fists clenched on that thoughts.

"It was not what you think, young boy" saad ni Tito Jd habang nakatingin sa'akin

Hindi pa rin nagbabago ang itsura ko. Nagtataka at nagtatanong. Curious. I'm like a bullsh*t here. Salubong ang kilay.

"They were together that night." When I heard Tito Jd para akong iniwan ng sarili kong kaluluwa. Walang kahit anong salita ang lumabas sa bibig ko.

"That kid was so good for him to leave our daughter alone." parang may tumusok sa puso ko.

"What happened to him after that night?" wala sa wisyong tanong ko.

"We hired someone to investigate the incident. We were told that there were 4 bullets at the crime scene. One was shot on our daughter's head. So we think the other 3 was pointed to him. There was also a blood of Liam not far from our daughter's place where the authorities found her." Napabuga na lang ako ng hangin

"..after a week authorities found a burned body of a guy miles away from the place of the incident.." He added

"So it was his body?" tanong ko

"We assumed it was his, the necklace we bought for her that has her name Elle engraved om it was found with that body.. and his DNA matched that body.." so that's why she doesn't wanna be called by that name.

She remember him every time someone will call her Elle?

Muli nagkuyom ang mga kamay ko.

Is that how important that guy to her?