Chapter 45: The Paper Year

* HU TAO'S POV *

???: "—od morning Director Hu."

Hu Tao: "mmmm..."

???: "Director Hu, you're missing out on some good morning light!"

Hu Tao: "mmmfivemoreminutes..."

???: "Really? Five more minutes? But I spent so long slaving over your breakfast, it'll go cold if you wait too long!"

Hu Tao: "hmmm... i thought you were zhongli... but you don't talk like him... who are you...?"

???: "You don't recognise my voice? I'm hurt, Director Hu. Hurt! Maybe I should just leave you to your dreams instead—"

* ???'S POV *

Hu Tao: "—no, no! *yawn* i'm getting up, i'm getting up!"

Hu Tao: "Eh? Sweetie?! It was you!"

Y/N: "Good morning again, walnut. Did you have pleasant dreams?"

Hu Tao: "Oh, it was wonderful. I always have the best dreams when I've you in my arms as I sleep, like my own cuddly teddy bear!"

Y/N: "I'm glad to hear it! You certainly look well–rested! Although, I can't believe you didn't recognise my voice!"

Hu Tao: "Aiya! That's no fair! You were talking totally different at first, you totally threw me off the trail on purpose you big meanie! Seriously, when do you ever call me Director Hu when you aren't teasing me!"

Y/N: "Well, I guess you're not totally wrong there... anyways—"

* smooch *

Y/N: "There really is breakfast on the table, so try not to take too long or else all my hard work will have been for nought!"

Hu Tao: "Okey-dokey, my sweetie! I'll be right out once I've freshened myself up a bit!"

Y/N: "Alrighty! I'll go and prepare your tea now then! Oh, and happy birthday my walnut!"

* A WHILE AFTER BREAKFAST *

Hu Tao: "Mmhmm! You really are great at cooking! You've gotten plenty of practise I suppose!"

Y/N: "I'd certainly hope so! I've been cooking a lot since we decided that I should stay low for a while, to let people cool off with their opinions about my name."

Hu Tao: "Hey! Don't you wrap me up into that decision! That was all you and the Qixing who decided on that! I would have rather we just forced the big jerks to grow up and realise you're not the same person that they fear you to be!"