Chapter 18: The One that fell from the Heavens

Mmmph... the morning rays of the intrusive sun are shining brightly on me... but I'm so comfortable...

Y/N: "urghhh... five more minutes you damned ball of Pyro!"

???: "B-Ball of Pyro?! H-hey now, that's rude! I'm more than just my vision! Tee-hee!  But, you can take as much time as you need sweetie, I'm enjoying the view after all!"

Y/N: "wh-wha...?"

That's not the voice of the sun, is it? It seems familiar... Wait, how can I feel the sun on me as I lay here? My room doesn't get any sunlight until past noon!!

I struggle to open my eyes, either it is indeed still early morning or I was way more tired than I thought...

???: "Good morning! You sure slept like the dead, didn't you? Tee-Hee!"

Y/N: "mmmmornin'... w-wait! Hu Tao? What are you doing in my room?!"

Hu Tao: "Your room? Aiya! You never got back to the Pharmacy, you silly thing! One cup of tea and you were completely conked out on the sofa! It may have been my birthday, but I ended up giving you a lap pillow instead of the other way around!"

 w-wait! Hu Tao? What are you doing in my room?!"Hu Tao: "Your room? Aiya! You never got back to the Pharmacy, you silly thing! One cup of tea and you were completely conked out on the sofa! It may have been my birthday, but I ended up giving you ...

Hu Tao: "But don't worry, I uh-... I made sure to keep you warm! Tee-hee! I'd hate for you to fall deathly ill today of all days!"

Y/N: "o-Oh! I'm really sor-"

Hu Tao: "-Upbup-bup! I don't want to hear it! After all, I... well, I definitely didn't not enjoy it!"

*kiss*

Y/N: "Well you must make a great pillow then, because I feel great! Thanks Hu Tao!"

Hu Tao: ". . .eee! ahem I mean... y-You're welcome! And whilst you're here, you might as well have breakfast with me, before we head out for the Rite!"

Y/N: "I... well, I suppose I'd like to try your cooking I suppose, your taste in food hasn't disappointed yet!"

Hu Tao: "m-m-My cooking! But I-... i'm not a very reliable cook..."

Y/N: "I'm sure it'll be great if you're cooking it Hu Tao!"

Hu Tao: "...i-I'll try I guess! But if I burn breakfast then you have to eat all of it! Deal?"

Y/N: "Sure sure, I'll eat anything you put in front of me, especially if you made it! But uh-... what was that about a Rite?"

Hu Tao: "Huuuu... h-Huh? You really don't remember? Heh, you really are helpless aren't you?! It's the Rite of Descension of course! It's a yearly event here in Liyue."

Y/N: "Oh, that's when Rex Lapis is meant to come down and give some prophecies or something like that, right?"

Hu Tao: "sigh... How about I just get started on breakfast for now and I can enlighten you about how to say it a bit... more appropriately around the people of Liyue?"