Chapter 39: Irodori Festival: The First Night

Hu Tao: ". . ."

Y/N: "Come on sweetheart, I really do promise, okay?"

Hu Tao: "... you really really promise?"

Y/N: "Yes. I really really promise. I promise that I have eyes for nobody but you. You know she's just trying to mess with us, right?"

Hu Tao: "I know that! But... it's just that she's so well... you know?"

Well... I mean, Hu Tao's not wrong. There's just something about the way that she seems to talk, it's as if she's just trying to fluster everybody that she comes across, to make them squirm, as if for nothing else but her own enjoyment. And from that smirk that is on her face the entire time that she engages in such activities, it is clear that she really does enjoy it.

But it's going to take more than a pretty face and some suggestive words to tear me away from my sweetheart Hu Tao!

Yae Miko: "Hehe, I'm just so... what? Please, do tell."

Hu Tao: "s–Stop eavesdropping on our conversation! I thought you were talking to Cal— to Albedo?"

Yae Miko: "Oh, I was. But your conversations always seem to be quite some fun, and I wanted to join in! Don't worry, I brought him with me to join in on the fun!"

After meeting up with Yae Miko, Albedo and Hu Tao, we started to make our way towards the main city of Inazuma. We were heading back there in search of the Traveller, Klee, and Yoimiya; looking to see what progress the group had made on the book that Klee and Yoimiya were all excited to make.

Most of the trip, we were split into two groups, with Yae Miko and Albedo walking together and talking amongst themselves; whilst I was walking beside Hu Tao, with her hand in mine, and Qiqi sitting atop my shoulders – it had been quite a lot of walking today, so I wanted to let her have a little rest so she didn't get too tired before the day's end, she doesn't often have to walk quite this much after all.

But now that Yae Miko has had her interest piqued in our conversation once again, we found that the Priestess and the painter had now joined our conversation once again... and Hu Tao's grip on my hand had definitely tightened somewhat. 

Yae Miko: "Please, do go on, little ones. Don't let me halt your conversation. Hehe."

Hu Tao: "... It's nothing. I was just going to ask my sweetie what they'd been up to today, and about that duel that they won just a little while ago."

Yae Miko: "Oh? Well that definitely sounds like something we could incorporate into the novel we are planning to make, no? Just think: 'The main character visits a new land, and then they test their blade against the denizens of this new land to see how they fare.' Quite an interesting way to start the next entry after the first one's imminent success, no?"